Official Development Forum
The Official Development Forum is the main place to talk to others about Wings.
On the ODF you can ask questions about using Wings, discuss technical aspects of 3d modeling, post bug reports, or post screen shots of your latest Wings 3D creations.
Like the name of the forum suggests, there are some development focused discussion to take part in too. Users are welcome to bring their experience to the discussion and voice their ideas about new feature or existing ones. Those interested in contributing code can also checkout the Programming section of the forum.
The former Yuku forum is now considered an archive.
Tips and Tutorials
- Puzzledpaul’s Wings 3D tutorials – ppzpitstop – A collection of tutorials written by puzzledpaul, a long-time user of Wings.
- Youtube Video Tutorials on Fonte Boa’s Wings 3D Channel – Various videos dedicated to exploring Wings. Also includes links to other useful videos on Youtube.
- Oortman3D – Oort’s website offers a Wings 3D handbook, and has specialized information for rendering Wings 3D models using Yafray and Yaf(a)ray.
Wings 3D Documentation Projects
There are currently two documentation projects for Wings 3D.
- Wings 3D Documentation Project – This resource is maintained by the Wings 3D team. Those interested in contributing to this project should contact the Wings developers.
- Wikibooks Wings 3D Wiki – Started as a project to update the outdated Wings 3D User Manual, this wiki is maintained by the Wings 3D community. Wikibooks is free to be edited by anyone.
The Art of Subdivision Modeling
Wings 3D is at its core a subdivision modeler. The following resources provide useful information about subdivision modeling. These links aren’t specific to Wings itself, but are certainly worth reading and useful to modeling in general.
- Polygon Modeling: A Sub-Division Modelers Primer – An article on the fundamentals of subdivision modeling by Glen Southern.
- Subdivision Modeling Primer (Original)
- Got Wires? – A Subdivision Modeling Blog
- Adding Detail To Subdivision Surface Models
- Subdivision modeling topics
- The GuerrillaCG Project – GuerrillaCG offers high quality videos covering many aspects of 3d modeling.