Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Please Report ManifoldLab BUGS HERE.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Please Report ManifoldLab BUGS HERE.
Mlab 1.5.3 12.20 - 21.18

Edges selection/Bevel intrude to cage

- option is working only with single objects. More objects is crashing (msg window with limitation to one or fix it?)

Face selection/color pits (inflections)

- similar case as above

Vertex selection/arrange object on path

- please, check this option, I can't put any object on path.

selects/Lots more/nearby

- when faces selected on two objects the system is crashing (make some msg window with limitation to one or fix it, so multiple objects can be applied)
OK. Let me look at these and fix soon.

"Face selection/color pits (inflections)"

That one is cuneiform plugin. Won't fix that one. Need to disable if for users like you.
Others I'm working on.

Nearby ... Not a well designed function. Deleted.

FIXED. Send more.
Mlab 1.5.3 12-27 20:07

Vertex selection/arrange object on path

Malb is crashing with:

- this option is not working with object height = 0 (flat object)
- option "closed" ("move only" either "face along path") for only 2 vertex selection - I know it's hard to get closed path with 2 vertex but it should not crash the system.
"this option is not working with object height = 0 (flat object) "

The above sounds like conjecture. (actually ... I just did flat on flat just fine) Might be accurate. Would be better for you to share your "setup" with me via .wings file or write a detail prescription for repeat. Nevertheless ... I'll try to recreate.
(12-29-2014, 04:05 PM)ggaliens Wrote: [ -> ]"this option is not working with object height = 0 (flat object) "

The above sounds like conjecture. (actually ... I just did flat on flat just fine) Might be accurate. Would be better for you to share your "setup" with me via .wings file or write a detail prescription for repeat. Nevertheless ... I'll try to recreate.

Check my file. Try to use flatten cylinder on cube or make on your own: just remove upper or lower vertices and then try to put on the other object.
Maybe I did not explain it precisely, but I think you used flatten cylinder and in my file the circle has removed vertices ( add new circle and remove upper or lower vertices so the object get 'flat' ) and now try to put on the cube.

You can check cylinder from previously post and attached file -> it has 2 polygons / 8 edges and 8 vertices.

And here's the message I get:

Dump written 2014-12-31_9-37
Version: v1.5.3.2014-12-27---20-07.mlab
Window: {dialog,#Ref<0.0.0.1231>}
Reason: {badmatch,undefined}

Short stack trace:
[]

Long stack trace:
[{ml_packed_array,'-command/2-fun-23-',7,
[{file,"../xtras-lots-more/ml_packed_array.erl"},
{line,663}]},
{ml_dialogplus,'-dialog/4-fun-0-',4,
[{file,"../primitives/ml_shape_extruder/ml_dialogplus.erl"},
{line,269}]},
{wings_ask,return_result,1,[{file,"wings_ask.erl"},{line,883}]},
{wings_wm,handle_event,3,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,825}]},
{wings_wm,send_event,2,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,797}]},
{wings_wm,do_dispatch,2,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,698}]},
{wings_wm,get_and_dispatch,0,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,612}]},
{wings,init,1,[{file,"wings.erl"},{line,154}]}]
OK ... I see where the bug was. Fix is being prepared. Thanks for the report.

Go ahead and try the fix when you get a chance.
v1.5.3.2014-12-27---20-07.mlab

object selection:

-select/lots more.../ random and disjoints - it seems that progress bar is seeking endless, there's just no result and after few min. the system is crashed.

edges selection:

-select/lots more.../ similar direction - when face for similar direction selected, it keeps crashing the system. with edges selection it's OK

Dump written 2015-1-2_19-49
Version: v1.5.3.2014-12-27---20-07.mlab
Window: {dialog,#Ref<0.0.0.1878>}
Reason: function_clause

Short stack trace:
[]

Long stack trace:
[{e3d_vec,dot,
[none,{0.0,-1.632993161855452,1.1547005383792515}],
[{file,"e3d_vec.erl"},{line,88}]},
{e3d_vec,degrees,2,[{file,"e3d_vec.erl"},{line,311}]},
{wpc_lots_select,'-command/2-fun-25-',6,
[{file,"../xtras-lots-more/wpc_lots_select.erl"},
{line,564}]},
{wings_sel,'-make_1/3-lc$^1/1-0-',3,[{file,"wings_sel.erl"},{line,149}]},
{wings_sel,make_1,3,[{file,"wings_sel.erl"},{line,149}]},
{wings_sel,make,3,[{file,"wings_sel.erl"},{line,129}]},
{wpc_lots_select,command,2,
[{file,"../xtras-lots-more/wpc_lots_select.erl"},
{line,570}]},
{ml_dialogplus,'-dialog/4-fun-0-',4,
[{file,"../primitives/ml_shape_extruder/ml_dialogplus.erl"},
{line,269}]}]

face selection:
- selects/lots more.../border faces - keeps crashing...
- selects/lots more.../smooth region fuzzy logic - keeps crashing...
- RMB menu/lots more.../locate 3 planes interselect - keeps crashing when planes are selected on 2 or more separated objects

object selection:
- selects/lots more.../danglers - it's crashing with 2 or more object selection

btw. some messages could be more precisely with suggestion on the information line/status bar, like when I use 'volume below zero' and volume near zero' with vertex/face/edges selection is showing "wrong mode man!", so msg "only works with bodies" or similar would be better.

selections from upper menu are vertex/edges/face and body dependent and some of them are not necessary -> vertex selection/select/lots more.../random and disjoints if they don't work with vertex, so why they were put there? (vertex menu)
and there are few others options which shouldn't be put to the menu. (for example check origin distance for edges selection in select/lots more...)

generally about W3D options:
just one more thought... currently I'm working with some high detailed mechanical stuff and I wish there was virtual mirror option with selection/reference to other object. do you think it's possible to make something like that or I missed it somewhere in the Mlab options?

second notice: cylinder and sphere have radial option in advance, thus why spring hasn't? only height difference by number of put segments...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5