Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Discussing about "Building a development environment for Windows"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think I see something odd in #3. With SDL_DIR assignment ?
I might be trying this whole things again soon Micheus. And might start here.
(06-20-2014, 01:25 PM)ggaliens Wrote: [ -> ]I think I see something odd in #3. With SDL_DIR assignment ?
That assignment is related to
place where I suggested SDL files be saved (C:\wingsdev\msysgit\mingw\).

It must to be the root where the lib and include folders in which the files were saved.

In case of doubt, it's possible to check that by using the bash command:
$ which SDL.dll
that should show us the path were it can be found.
"which" is not a DOS command and it is not an msys shell command either.
(03-29-2015, 03:15 AM)ggaliens Wrote: [ -> ]"which" is not a DOS command and it is not an msys shell command either.
That is not true. Which version of MinGW/MSYS are you using?!
Take a look in the last post in this thread: Re: The "which" command in MSYS (Jul/2010)
Micheus ... I stand corrected. It WHICH is available in my console. Sorry for the confusion.

perhaps this will at least excuse my confusion a little bit ...

Code:
$ which
which: syntax error: missing argument
Usage: which [ -a | --all ] cmd ...
$ which SDL.dll
which: SDL.dll: unknown command
$ which ls
/bin/ls.exe
No problem. Smile
You know, the command will look for the target file looking into the folders listed in the environment variable $PATH.

Currently, I put the file into the folder that is already listed into the $PATH= ... :/usr/local/bin:/mingw/bin:/bin
So...
$ which SDL.dll
/usr/local/bin/SDL.dll

and for this new folder I'm using
$ SDL_DIR=/usr/local rebar compile
Well ... why didn't it work in my example above ? It says "unknown command". Yours works and mine is broken ? Do you think that's the case ?

It does not say "cannot find SDL.dll" ... it says "unknown command". I'm going to go look up the specs for which. Have not used it in a long time.
It's the message we get if the file was not found.
As you noticed it seems to not be the right one we would expect.

The same command in the git bash (I have two different environments - for test) this command just returns nothing if the file was not found - still worst!
I forgot to tell you that you are not getting success because you probably put your SDL.dll in another place than one listed in the $PATH.
Google "using which to find a dll"

Then read man pages for which.

Then Google "using which to find a dll"

Are you the only person able to do this ? Is it real ?

I didn't find it in Wings3d scripts.

It seems wrong to me to do that. But now I am on a quest for the truth (yes ... maybe bored here).
Pages: 1 2 3