Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: wx Widgets?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I know some of you will laugh with me but I have to confess my ignorance: what is this whole wx Widgets thing? May someone explain it in a few words please? What exactly is it and what changes it will get in Wings?

Thanks from now for any explanation... : - )
wxWidgets is a software layer that controls window-ing and dialogs and I think it results in a more platform natural look ... ie ... some platform specific windowing behaviors will pass through and be visible to end user.

Since it has been in development for a long time now and presumably by a larger development team ... and with more deployments to more end users than when compared to ESDL/SDL windows ... It should be more fully featured than what we have been used to. Think room to grow.

One simple advantaged gained is "cut/paste" from system clipboard. But there should be hundreds or thousands of advantages if push ever came to shove.

For most wings3d users ... maybe the reaction should be MEH / BLAH. OK. That being said ... there has been a lot of work put into this change by wings devs, so thanks for that.
Thanks for the explanation Mark... : - )
BTW ... ManifoldLab has been upgrade to be in parallel with the wxWidgets official release. Just FYI.