Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Heppy New Year!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi folks!

This was a year of much work to update Wings3D.
dgud and björng worked a lot to update/upgrade code of the Wings3D core. (git activities)
Wings3D now uses a better GUI library (wxWidgets) which allow it to explore things like the native OS controls and enable the so requested 'copy and past' feature. The OpenGL code was also updated and is now using a modern approach (VBO's).

More is still to coming, I [want to] believe. Windows like Outline and Geometry Graph are still using the old interface and I hope we could to have them using the GUI library stuff. I heard rumours that the material management would be reworked. That would be nice, for sure.

My task uses to be try to fix as more bugs as possible to allow Dan and Björn to have more time to code/think about important things.
Big changes like these done this year will always result in more instability and bugs and although that is not nice it is the way to turn the things to better.

I chose to help in that task because I like this tool and that is the way I can contribute to it, but that only happens because you give me opportunity to do that too. So, please keep testing Wings3D and reporting the errors you found. Biggrin

I would to say:
1) thank you Björn and Dan for create and keeping this wonderful tool;
2) and, thank you to all the users of the Wings3D Community for keeping it alive and for all support in this year;

I wish you all the best in the new year and that you have health and endurance to fight for what you crave.
"May the Force be with you"

Happy New Year!!
Micheus
May the GeForce be with you too !
Micheus,
Thank you! and Happy New Year to you and every one else...

oort
By the way ... of all the windows that could still be moved to WxWidgets ... my feeling is that moving the AutoUV window might be giving the most bang for buck ?
(12-30-2015, 08:55 PM)ggaliens Wrote: [ -> ]May the GeForce be with you too !

Haha good one!

It`s my 6(?)th year with Wings 3D and second year on this forum and I wish more and more Smile I`m never going to be bored with 3D modeling as long as I`m working with Wings 3D.
I owe a lot to you guys. Thanks and thanks again.

Have a good one next year ! Smile
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to everyone ! Founders, users, contributors, artists, Geforce and AMD people, everyone... ;D

Wings3D has been my absolute favorite modeler (among commercial and free options) since it started...And it's been so for I think 9 years, now... Smile
Happy New Year everyone!
Long time no see.. Smile
Happy new year.
And happy winging! xD We should create a word for "working with wings3d".
Pages: 1 2