Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Wings 2.0.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is development roadmap for next Wings release?
What features will be implemented?
Transformers ... Robots in disguise.
If I only knew what you mean by that.
cyseal, welcome to our community. Smile

(01-18-2016, 04:13 PM)cyseal Wrote: [ -> ]What is development roadmap for next Wings release?
There isn't. Sorry.
Wings3D is in a migration process of its GUI library. It used SDL in the past and starting from v2.0 it is using wxWidgets GUI library. Initially were the dialogs; then the menus and there is still some work to be done on this process. Unfortunately we have a few programmers working on it.

Some extra stuff use to added by plugins usage. Depending on what kind of stuff you are interested to have available you can consider to take a look in the ManifoldLab version (distro) of Wings3D by ggaliens. We don't find a list key features, but in the program you will find the "extra" stuff under a menu item named "Lots more" (I think it is still named this way Smile ). He has his own forum to take of your doubts about the program.
OK, thanks for info.
Cyseal ...

You are a real person ? Sweet. 9/10 folks that sign up and ask what feels like a "canned question" ... we don't know what to make of 'em. And then Micheus has to delete 'em.

Probably a lot of devs ... even if active ... might not want to toss down a roadmap. Sure ... they have something like that in private ... but not for sharing. That would ruin the XMAS-like thing that happens a few times a year when we do get new features.

Glad your not a BOT. Welcome.
No, I'm not bot. Smile
I like Wings 3d workflow and creating strange shapes. I prefer it than Blender for modeling.
Also, I like TopMod but it tends to crash a lot and it has been stopped in developing. Also, when importing TopMod's .obj in Blender, it doesn't have smooth polygon setup as Wings have.

I'm all into fractal shapes and I'm learning Wings to create them.

Thank you for the Wings.