Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: CASIO watches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone.
I want to share with you my new work.
Wings 3d - modeled
Kerkythea - render

Enjoy

renders with some materials from Kerkythea library

Wings 3D screenshots

kerkythea

Well done!
Nice renders too.
Looking good! Nice work!
Thanks for all comments
Very nice work! The first render, especially, is flawless in all its aspects. A big bravo!

Btw, what method of rendering did you use in Kerkythea? Is it simple raytracing or is it a more accurate -but slow- method (as is photon mapping or mlt)?
Hi Dimitri. Thanks for comment.
Kerkythea has some default settings
Biased techniques (Ray Tracing and Photon Mapping)
Unbiased techniques (Path Tracing, Bidirectional Path Tracing (BiPT), Metropolis Light Transport (MLT))

In preview (when i setting up scene) i use - Photon Mapping - Low 500x500
And for final rendering i usually use - Photon Mapping - High + AA 0.3
(resolution 1280x1024 or 1280x720(HD))
Something's set manually (soft shadows quality)
But sometimes have rendered image a some defects in specularity (noise).
Sometimes I used post processing software for final image

Best results we can get in Unbiased techniques, but they are much longer.

My PC set is
AMD Athlon II X2 250 3 Ghz x64 2core (longer rendering)
4 GB of RAM 1066 Mhz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5

Kerkythea used (at present) processor rendering (no GPU), so to me it is still satisfactory Photon Mapping option. But I know, that's not entirely accurate imaging.
(05-03-2016, 03:05 PM)olve11 Wrote: [ -> ]so to me it is still satisfactory Photon Mapping option. But I know, that's not entirely accurate imaging.
Yeah. As I have noticed the AA pass uses to make the final image a little blurred - I noticed that mainly in reflective metals.
Looks amazing. Good work Wink
Kerkythea has very rich means of material creating and texturing abilities too. Although its material editing system is a little bit confusing. Nevertheless, it is a powerful renderer, without doubt. It is a pity that its development has stopped. Its developer has produced a commercial renderer now, the Thea renderer.

The developer of the renderers, Giannis, is Greek and I knew him, we have discussed many times, here in Athens, about rendering issues. I was very devotedly engaged in helping -by testing and giving ideas- to the renderers' development but then there appeared a disagreement as to the renderers' (both Kerkythea's and Thea's) future development plans and I left the circle of the people involved in the project.

My idea was choosing the way of making the renderers very powerful biased renderers mainly (as is the Redshift renderer), so that they may have abilities of achieving high quality results in very short rendering times (and with a rich variety of npr rendering styles also). I was thinking that the non-biased methods should be kept as a secondary choice. The others in the circle, however, had the contrary approach, they wanted the renderers being focused on producing non biased renderings firstly. So our ways departed.

Kerkythea still remains a very powerful rendering studio of course. Its biased rendering abilities too are very powerful. Someone may achieve exciting results if he-she has a good knowledge of its working ways. And it is a great thing that such a rendering studio is offered free to use (even for commercial purposes), no doubt.
olve11, thanks for share these tips.
As you give me the option to move you post I put it here into Off Topic->Renders tips->Kerkythea Rendering Software where more people can find it when it's necessary. Smile
Pages: 1 2