Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
David,
See the second leaves image shown above. See how the lower leaves can be seen through the upper leaves (dark areas in the leaf in the top left corner of the image). I will try to post an example file sometime today.

Thanks,
oort
David,
Here is the .wings file with the problem using a single image with diffuse and Alpha background... Diffuse W/Apha background Wings3d file

Here is another example image that shows the problem better. The lower leaves should be hidden by the upper leaves.
Thanks,
oort

[Image: BadLeavesNew_zpsxpi0mp4u.png]

Below is an example using a diffuse map for the leaves with a separate black and white alpha mask. The lighting is different but it shows how the upper leaves hide the lower leaves.

[Image: GoodLeaves_zpsxbev34an.png]

P.S. Just to be clear, This problem has nothing to do with changes you have made to the YafaRay plugin. This is a YafaRay feature that has never worked in the plugin, because I was never able to figure out the YafaRay XML code required for it...
Oort, I think this is because on yafaray transparency map is modified by diffuse intensity. This is a known problem and I expect David will normalize this behavior, to match other render engine's workflow, when the shader system gets a full revision.

Regards.

Look at mapping color filtering.
http://www.yafaray.org/documentation/use...modulation
Asticles,
Thanks for the info. I hope he starts working on all the materials soon. I am wanting to see what he does with SSS... Smile

Thanks,
oort
Hello, guys!

Sorry for being absent for so long. Many things going on at home, work and also quite busy with YafaRay v3.2.0 (you can download an Alpha version from here if you want to test it: http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/v...=12&t=5232 )

I could not do much about the Wings3D plugin, but I just implemented the change Micheus suggested to filter the Font Path to show only TTF files.

Unfortunately his other suggestion (replacing ~s by ~ts) didn't work. I'm still getting this while using those special characters: モナ・リザ

wings-2.1.5.209.gb7be.dirty
[...]
Mesh w_Plane: triangulating...done
Mesh w_Plane: exporting...done
Mesh w_Cube: triangulating...done
Mesh w_Cube: exporting...done
ERROR: Failed to export:
{'EXIT',{{error,badarg},
[{wpc_yafaray,println,
[<0.85.0>,"\t<logging_author sval=\"~ts\"/>",
[[68,97,118,105,100,32,66,108,117,101,99,97,109,101,
32,12514,12490,12539,12522,12470]]],
[{file,"wpc_yafaray.erl"},{line,5852}]},
{wpc_yafaray,export_logging_badge,2,
[{file,"wpc_yafaray.erl"},{line,5798}]},
{wpc_yafaray,export,3,[{file,"wpc_yafaray.erl"},{line,3217}]},
{wpc_yafaray,'-do_export/4-fun-0-',3,
[{file,"wpc_yafaray.erl"},{line,695}]},
{wings_export,export,4,[{file,"wings_export.erl"},{line,40}]},
{wings_file,'-export_filename_1/2-fun-0-',3,
[{file,"wings_file.erl"},{line,97}]},
{wings_develop,time_command,2,
[{file,"wings_develop.erl"},{line,79}]},
{wings_plugin,command,3,[{file,"wings_plugin.erl"},{line,139}]},
{wings,raw_command_1,3,[{file,"wings.erl"},{line,629}]},
{wings,raw_command,4,[{file,"wings.erl"},{line,626}]},
{wings_wm,handle_event,3,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,956}]},
{wings_wm,send_event,2,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,922}]},
{wings_wm,do_dispatch,2,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,823}]},
{wings_wm,dispatch_event,1,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,730}]},
{wings_wm,get_and_dispatch,0,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,650}]},
{wings,init_part2,2,[{file,"wings.erl"},{line,104}]},
{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3,[{file,"proc_lib.erl"},{line,247}]}]}}

I'm using the latest Wings3D git code and Erlang OTP 19 (I had to build it myself)

Best regards!
David,
No need to apologize. Glad you are working on the plugin again. I downloaded the new Alpha build of YafaRay yesterday. I have already posted in the YafaRay forum about my results.

Thanks,
oort
Thank you, oort! That's excellent news!
When writing to a file you still need to convert those large codepoints to bytes,
so something like this untested:
io:put_chars(Fd, unicode:characters_to_binary(io_lib:format("String: ~ts~n", [UnicodeString])),

or just io:put_chars(Fd, unicode:characters_to_binary(UnicodeString)).
Thank you very much, dgud!! It works with this change: https://github.com/DavidBluecame/wings/c...ca3f0c0610 !!!! Biggrin

When using the special characters and selecting a Japanese font such as https://www.flopdesign.com/images/datafo...ntMini.zip then I get the next results:

[Image: attgrid_zps476189bf.png]

You can download the .beam file with the latest changes for selecting fonts, etc, from here, please let me know if it works for you:

https://github.com/DavidBluecame/YafaRay...-03-17.zip

If the font you use is not a .ttf font, you cannot find it with the ttf font selection browser now, but you can write the path manually to it. It worked for me with this Japanese font file.
That was not me, was the Erlang master: dgud . Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17