Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Tentacles...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mark are you there?

Just an idea... it came to me playing with Polybrush: why not enriching the tube making tool of ML by making it able to produce tentacles too, by adding to it such an option? I think it would be a very significant enrichment.

We select a line on an object (as it happens now with tube producing), click on 'tubes from loop paths' and there, opens the dialogue tab with the options... there we could have two options, one for 'tentacles' and one for 'brush strokes'... the 'tentacle option is for producing a tentacle (a tube with one end remaining a circle and the other end closing to a tip) and the 'brush stroke' option for producing a brush stroke kind object (a tentacle with both ends ending in a tip).

Isn't it a good idea? : - )
Summer and August in particular are very busy time of year for me. So I didn't get a chance to think about it yet. Sounds like more fun though.
Hello Mark, happy to see you here again! : - )

Yes, I do think that the request is not about something you will have any difficulty to achieve. I made a related post in the 'design and development' section of the forum too. Read it please. I think that it is even better to have a command which transforms any rope like object to a tentacle or to a brush stroke like shape (object mode> select the object> click 'make tentacle'> options tab (some thickness options)> click and there, you have a 'tentacle' or a 'brush stroke'.

Simple rode shaped meshes can be converted to tentacle or brush stroke like shapes with the present tools of Wings... converting complex rope like objects, however, is a difficult and tedious task to do manually, so I think that such a command would be a very useful add on.