Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [standby] Toolstips display time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not properly a bug, but wouldnt it be possible to user set the time duration the commands tooltips is displayed?
Here, they appear during about 5 seconds and disappear. Then i have to put the cursor again over the command to see the instructions for more 5 seconds.
Maybe an option in preferences. Or what about if they dont disappear until user point the cursor over another command?
By now, we don't have a way to do that.
How is that time set?
By some Wings code or that is some Windows setup?
(11-15-2016, 07:04 PM)Fonte Boa Wrote: [ -> ]How is that time set?
By some Wings code or that is some Windows setup?
Default time is set by OS. Wings3D would be able to change that by code, but we don't have access to the function in the wxWidgets library that do that.

If you search about it for Windows, you will find many links, but it seems we cannot change the that even by editing the Windows' register. Most I found people suggest to decrease the time to show up the tooltip like in this one, but I'm not sure it will work.
<<we don't have access to the function in the wxWidgets library >>

Just for curiosity, but why not? Why this restriction?
(11-15-2016, 07:25 PM)Fonte Boa Wrote: [ -> ]<<we don't have access to the function in the wxWidgets library >>
Just for curiosity, but why not? Why this restriction?
Voce é "tinhoso" heim?!
The function isn't exported by Erlang.