Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: SM42 - 1017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello W3D users!

Nice to see you again and after long time spend with W3D I'd like to share with my next model: SM42 - 1017
It's (still) quite popular Polish train and I wanted to make something which will not look like 'a new'. So, finally it's completed and hope you like it.
Any C&C are welcome.

Modelled: W3D/ Mlab
Textures: Gimp
Render: Kerkythea

Enjoy Smile

Thank you for supporting W3D - this is result of all people keeping the program(s) running and I believe it's only a small part of all W3D possibilities.

[Image: SM42-1_zpsx8vzuezc.png]

[Image: SM42-2_zpswdsj28ce.png]

[Image: SM42-3_zpsevanuigl.png]

[Image: SM42-4_zpshvviszwf.png]

Wires:

[Image: wozek_zpsl8srfbu4.png]

[Image: Screenshot2_zpsznt5jemz.png]

[Image: sm42-2_zpsbwsk5ube.png]

[Image: sm42-5_zps4wlgvdgt.png]

[Image: sm42-6_zpsqnjdvdse.png]

[Image: sm42-1_zpsqavumovk.png]

[Image: sm42-3_zpstin1ss1z.png]
Superb Hank
You did excellent work with the textures.
Very good modeling!
Impressive! Nice "come back" Smile
What is the count of the polygons - I mean only a train.
Top row, Hank! This clearly shows how good textures/texturing can totally transform a low poly model. Great work again. Kudos for a job well done!
Hank wow. Hat down!
And top row, when you use Kerkythea for render Smile ! (i'm lovin it)
Hello guys,

Regarding to the polygons it's quite long story, because from the beginning I wanted to make something similar to low-poly but as you can see from the suspension, there's a lot of small parts which in the final render are not visible. But going further I wanted to limit the number of polygons as much as it's possible, so if I only calculate the upper body part it has 2310 tris...
If course I did not mention this before, but textures include: normal/bump and spec map.
Why Kerkythea? well, good question. I saw few renders made with it and for my purpose I think it's enough. The program is free, quite easy to operate and the final result is OK. I wish they could process some improvements, but at this moment we have to use what's already implemented.
Additionally, Kekrythea has already some back up in W3D, so it's easier to manage materials before setting up whole scene.
Sorry I did not put high resolution renders, but if anyone is interested, pls. follow this link: http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/dzinks...l.png.html
Thanks.

Hank.
Hank, may I ask you in which parts did you use any MLab stuff?
Hank,
Very impressive work. Great modeling, texturing, etc...

oort
(11-22-2016, 10:17 AM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]Hank, may I ask you in which parts did you use any MLab stuff?

Yes, sure. In W3D I miss along path option, so more complicated curves, pipes, wires and similar are difficult to get. So, for this project I followed Mlab with: 'sand pipes' (coming out from sand boxed in the suspension) and pressure (brake?) pipes used for train and the other cars connection.

Thank you for all your comments!

Hank
Pages: 1 2