Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Command execution is interrupted if cursor moves fast when Tweak is on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(wings3d 2.1.4.1, windows 7)

Difficult to explain, but very annoying.

I've verified initially using Edge|Slide, but i could find the problem in any command.

I call a command using a shortcut and begin its execution immediatly, moving the mouse quickly. The command execution is interrupted (a) when cursor reaches Geometry window border or goes ouside it, or (b) when cursor reaches any temporary selection of the geometry (highlighting selection). But it is possible to reproduce the problem simply reducing/eliminating the time between command shortcut and moving cursor.

Really bad. And critical.

EDIT:
The problem disappears if Tweak mode is OFF.
Can anyone confirm this, please?
I couldn't reproduce in my environment.
Tweak mode on, and add hotkey M for Face | Move>Normal.

Then,I was able to call the command (by hotkey) when the cursor is on the border and outside the window, when it is on the highlight selection part(by hotkey and RMB menu).
(I'm sorry if my method wrong.)

Do you have any videos that recorded the operation ?
I can record videos, but the results wont differentiate the commands i executed (by LMB click = "Accept") and the interrupted commands (which are executed independent of i LMB click).

Anyway i'll record one and will indicate the time at which the command is executed without user intervention.
You don't have Prefs/Misc/Camera moves steals focus ticked..have move you?
Yes I can confirm, but I don't know if I can fix it.

I can remove focus follows mouse, so you must click to focus each window.

Workaround is: do not move the mouse until the cursor disappear..
Dgud, thanks for confirm the problem.

<<You don't have Prefs/Misc/Camera moves steals focus ticked..have move you?>>
No, that option isnt ticked here.

<< I don't know if I can fix it.>>
For sure you are, Dgud! Smile (i hope so)

<<Workaround is: do not move the mouse until the cursor disappear..>>
Oh, no, please: no workaround. It is very strange to have to wait a little before move the mouse... Sad

<<I can remove focus follows mouse, so you must click to focus each window.>>
Isnt this the solution, Dgud? Would this be inconvenient for some reason?
Can you test the previous release 2.1.3 or 2.1.2, because I found a bug which I did in 2.1.4 related
to shortcuts and after fixing that I don't seem to have the problem anymore.

One of my optimizations where bad, can be seen if you smooth a 10000~ polygon object it gets smoothed twice..
<< if you smooth a 10000~ polygon object it gets smoothed twice..>>
How didnt i saw this before??? Sad

<<Can you test the previous release 2.1.3 or 2.1.2>>

No problems found here: the commands are just executed if user LMB click (="Accept"); they arent interrupted by something "supernatural" ( Wink ) in the app. I've tested with and without Tweak, using various mouse interactive commands.

I've tested inclusive the performance comparing these two releases and 1.5.4 one.

------

If you want to generate some .beam files with the correction or even a snapshot before release the next version and send me to test, i am at your disposal. Windows 7.
Replace wings_io_wx.beam in ebin dir with
wings_io_wx.beam
Pages: 1 2