Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] If save a file in Sculpt mode,geometry state rollback.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I encountered a problem when trying the sculpting function...Sad
How to recreate the problem?
  1. Editing a file in unsaved state (See title bar of Wings3D, with "*" mark last of the filename).
  2. Entered Sculpt mode and Do some push/pull operations.
  3. Save the file.
  4. Rollback to the Geometry state which before of enter Sculpt mode.
Currently to avoid the problem,don't save a file while editing in sculpt mode.
Also Save a file when after Sculpt mode quit.

Wings3D 2.1.5
MacOSX 10.11.6
It used to be that way, when we had a menu for every Geom active. When in Sculpt mode the menu used to be changed to show only View options and then the user knew he has to finish the Sculpt and then save its work.

We forget about that behavior. I hope dgud could come with a solution for this.
Yup. I hope this problem is resolved as soon as possible.

By the way about this bug,I just checked on Connect Tool as well, fortunately it didn't the bug occur.
tkbd, I removed the flag I put earlier in this thread and I'm trying to figure out what we can do to fix (or minimize) this issue.

I noticed it's not so a hard problem if we use Sculpt in a secondary Geometry window - not the main one.
Thank you!
I'm glad that clues for resolution have been found.
You are going to find the patch for it in a pinned topic in this session: Fixes for v2.1.7 (Patches)

It should prevent this kind of wrong behaviour, however to be applied to the next version it still will need to be approved by dgud.
Thank you!!
This is a useful patches for people(me too) who can't wait for the next release.Biggrin
That was fixed and will be available in the next release.