Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Hotkeys stop works if we switch between applications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The first time I noticed that I was following a video tutorial and get this problem everytime I switch back to Wings3D.
The mouse actions still works.

I have noticed that using Windows 7 and 10. Not sure if happens with other OS's.

Workaround:
- You have the option to save your project and restart Wings3D, or;
- In order to make Geometry window listen to the keyboard again click on another those small windows (Selection Group, Outiliner, ...) click in some items (sometimes a couple of time) and then hit TAB key until you see the object on Geometry window switch between Flat and Smooth shader mode - that is when the keys get back to be processed by Geometry window. Annoying I know, but it works for now.
In OSX, sometimes happen the same thing (suddenly Hotkey become doesn't work) too.
However,I haven't reported it yet.
I thought it was a memory shortage. Blush

Micheus,Thank you for Workaround!
Also Magnet options (Bell, dome, etc dissapear).
No solution yet to this horrible behaviour?
Yes. Dan fixed it last week.

Got to Some fixes to be applied to v2.1.5
May we assume that this "wings_wm.beam" supercedes the one included in the tab key fix?
(05-28-2017, 12:06 AM)Mr_Ekshin Wrote: [ -> ]May we assume that this "wings_wm.beam" supercedes the one included in the tab key fix?
You have a point.
The fix-tab-issue.zip is a more recent build, so this on doesn't include that fix.

I'm on smartphone now, then I fix this link tomorrow.
Use the files you get in that post: http://www.wings3d.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2382

Thanks