Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Gimp - Insane Bump Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking for a program that can convert texture maps (Diffuse) into other types of maps (Height, Normal, Specular, Ambient Occlusion). I found out that there is a Gimp plugin that is able to do that. I have tested it with Gimp 2.8.10 and it works for me.

Here is a link to download the "Insane Bump" plugin version 1.0.6. Insane Bump plugin

Here is a link to a video that shows how it works... Insane Bump Tutorial

oort
(02-04-2017, 04:07 PM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking for a program that can convert texture maps (Diffuse) into other types of maps (Height, Normal, Specular, Ambient Occlusion). I found out that there is a Gimp plugin that is able to do that. I have tested it with Gimp 2.8.10 and it works for me.

Here is a link to download the "Insane Bump" plugin version 1.0.6. Insane Bump plugin

Here is a link to a video that shows how it works... Insane Bump Tutorial

oort

WOW!
you make my day! finally everything in one place. I knew about Normal Map plugin, but here you get set of textures with just one click.
Thanks oort!

BR, Hank
Cool! I didn't know about this plug-in. I admit I love Crazy Bump for my bump mapping but this is worth a try. Thanks for the share!
Glad others find it useful. I too had played with the Normal map plugin and had also heard of Crazy Bump. The video tutorial even mentions Crazy Bump... Smile

oort