Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Intersect Tool Missing! Available as separate plugin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Greetings, Im new to Wings3d. I am very interested in the boolean method of creating solids, so I installed the manifold lab plug in collection semi successfully? When I select two objects and from the menu select plugin incubator then the .boolean menu I receive the error Intersect tool Missing... I assume this is a prerequisite plug in that Im missing. Where can I find it???

Mac OSx 10.8.3
Wings 3D 1.4.1
mlab-2011-03-01---18-58_wings-1.4.1

Thanks,
Will
westek,
Welcome to Wings3D.

If you want to try the ManifoldLab version of Wings3D, you need to get the newer versions available here...New Releases of ManifoldLab Wings3D

oort
Here is a newer Mac build. See date.

http://s331378245.onlinehome.us/manifold...7-macos.gz
Sorry I didn't pay attention to what OS westek was using...Blush

ggaliens, you need to add a topic that contains direct links to the download sites.

Also if the moderators can pin that thread to keep it at the top that would be cool too... Cool

oort
Hello,
Thank you for the quick reply!

I downloaded the newer release. It was still a bit confusing because that is the application(including already installed plugin), not just the plugin. Anyway I sorted it out.

I've only been able to make one object from 2. Not subtract. Maybe I don't understand the tool. For instance I have a cube with a cylinder through it. Would like to subtract the cylinder from the cube like I was drilling a hole in it. So I select the cube, select Lots more from the menu, then experimental boolean from the next menu. On the info line it says select second object which I do. Then to execute I right click. Now I have a union of the objects. Somehow Im missing how to subtract one object from another. Maybe I shouldn't add this question to this thread. I'm sorry if it is a faux pas. Can anyone point me in the right directions.

Thank You again

Will
Greetings, Again!

I figured it out!!! Didn't realize that R click, CTRL+R click or L clicking on the actual menu choice of .Boolean changed the interaction of the solid objects... Got it. Great!

Thanks Again!

Will
Oort ... I'm making a change to my registered domains.

I hope it will help ... even if just a little bit.

Rather than point to YUKU forum (cheap) ... it will point into my web-pages hosted.

I think this will help if I did it right. Will take time to propagate.
Hello,
Can I ask a question about the CSG behavior here, or should I start a new thread?

Will
I think you should ask here.

Understand first and foremost that the tool employed is usable as a stand-alone command-line tool.
ManifoldLab just makes it easier to DRIVE by providing a front-end. (See CARVE-CSG).

TEMP files are created that could be re-run from command-line with additional OPTIONS for the interesect tool ... which actually does all the ops (intersect, subtract, union, etc).
Ok, Thanks, here goes...

I placed a cube with a cylinder through the y axis of the cube.

I selected the cube.

R click on workspace and select Lots more

R click on Experimental Boolean to subtract

Left click on cylinder

R click to execute

I now have a cube with a hole through it, which is exactly what I was wanting, EXCEPT that the 2 faces of the cube that the cylinder passed through are also gone. Do I need to set a preference or is this normal and I need to redraw those faces?

Thanks,
Will
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8