Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: (feature request) Select by: Folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be very helpful if I could select all of the objects in a folder. In the interface I would imagine it would be accessed from the top row, "Select" then "By" then "Folder..." and when picked a list of folders would pop up and you'd pick the folder and it would select all of the objects in the folder.

Alternatively or as well as. . . in the Geometry Graph I would like to be able to right click on a folder name and have an option to "Select All".

That is all. Thank you for continuing to develop this awesome program. :-)
You can do this.

(1) In Geometry Window, select a folder: the objects in this folder will appear at right column.
(2) In right column, just RMB click on any object: all the objects in that folder will be selected.

Just this! Wink
Completing what Fonte Boa said...
You will notice that the RMB will act over all the other objects except the one under mouse pointer for which you complete the command by using the LMB. I think that is a small bug, since the command return (show,unlock and solid) this action will act over all objects (in a folder or to the entire window).

The Show/Hide (eye icon), Lock/UnLock (locker icon) and Wire/Solid (cube icon) in the old UI used the three L/M/R Mouse Bottoms to run these actions.
In the current UI we still use L and R mouse buttoms, but SHIFT+R replaced the MMB action.
That is applied to the Geometry Window in folder/list mode.

In the Information line you see these information.
Oh ok I see how it works now. One thing I love about Wings is that there are a lot of things you can learn by looking at the "tips" on the bottom of the 3D view that show what the options are for the selection you have currently. Like what right click will do, what left click will do, what alt-right click will do etc. When we go to the Geometry Graph. . . there is no way I would have figured that out on my own. I was right clicking on the folder name and obviously not getting anywhere. . . because that's not how it works. I think adding the fact that right click will select all objects in the folder would help a lot.