Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Greebles plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a greebles plugin available for Wings3D?
Yes ... Greeble functions are still in MLAB.

Only one function by name. But things like pattern walker , shift quads, and other function comprise a set of things that can be used to GREEBLE.
Thanks kindly for the reply, much appreciated...
I still can not locate the greeble plugin. Is there a link to how to install & use this plugin?
kenmo, the option is available when you choose Body selection mode and select an object - under "Lots More..."->"Greeble Extrude by Color"

Checked in the latest version available: v2.0.0.2018-01-15---10-41mlab
Thanks kindly. I did find that option. But I have no idea what is meant by "Exclude by Color"? Does this mean material zones?

I was anticipating something more like Blender's discombobulator plugin, where you select the faces you want to add a greeble to.

Is there a how to or video on how to use this plugin as well for the other plugins? They appear a little too cumbersome to guess unlike Wings 3D itself which is quite simple and straight forward..
Hi! kenmo

Quote: Thanks kindly. I did find that option. But I have no idea what is meant by "Exclude by Color"? Does this mean material zones?

Is it means of "Color greeble extrude"?
http://brace.client.jp/w3d_hd/manifold_lab_plugins.html
See Color greeble extrude
I only left a screenshot at that time.
Maybe,I think it was a particular work on vertex color (face) in my memory.Shy(Edited)

That page is the MLAB references I made past.
There features are many things that we can't understand unless we try tem.Sad
So, it isn't for the latest MLAB version and I have not updated this information.
-----------
tkbd
kenmo, the ggaliens YouTube channel has just a few videos and you can find them here

To use this greeble command you will need to paint the faces before - it works with colored faces. In "Face" mode - selecting all faces or a couple of them - "Lots More" you will find some options to put random colors on them if that is of your interest (there are some videos for that).

I don't use ML, so I can't help much.
Thanks for the replies. I think it will be much simpler to use the Blender discombobulator plugin then try to figure out how to how to use the Wings Manifold greeble action.

Thanks for the help.
I find it ironic that Wings3D is so much more user friendly and intuitive then Blender, YET Blender's addons are so much more easier to use then Wings3D's plugins. At least based on my experience. Others may vary...