Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: modular synthesizer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

I was introduced to Wings3D by a friend several years ago and I've grown really fond of this program, using it to design all sorts of things. I'm by no means an expert with it, though, and I'm actually happy that there's always new tricks to learn from the pros. So, first and foremost, I'd like to give a big thanks to them and to developers of both W3D and the fantastic Manifold Lab. Thanks! Smile

What I would like to show you today is an open-everything synthesizer module (and modular synth) that I have designed from scratch using Wings3D. It's called miniMO, runs on a microprocessor from the Arduino family and it takes on different roles depending on how it is programmed.

I have designed two versions of this module to date. The first one is PCB-based, and thanks to W3D I could adapt several components for KiCad that were not available in the repositories. I also used to W3D to design many accessories for it, including this two-part case:

The second version is based on 3D printed parts, so much so that you can print and assemble it with no soldering required.

Aside from these two, I have made many other versions throughout the years, all of them with W3D:

And here, a screenshot of the first sketch, back from 2009 -thanks to W3D I was able to give form to this idea for the first time.

I have made all the parts for the latest models available via Github and Thingiverse.

Again, my heartfelt thanks to everyone involved in W3D. I hope you like what I've done with it! Smile
Do you own a 3D Printer ?

Looks like fun to make this stuff.
Yes, I used it to print all the models in the pictures.
A nice example of how handy is Wings in designing objects for actual use...

Very dedicated work, bravo Envelupo!