Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Border select?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do we have a command of selecting the bordering edges of a selected group of faces in Wings? Is it my ignorance or is such a selection kind non existent in Wings? If it is not existent it would be great to have it, it is a very useful kind of selection. Especially when someone has a multitude of extruded face groups on an object (where he wants to harden their bordering edges).

In Mlab version there is a way of selecting such areas by face color but it would be even more easier to do the work directly, just by selecting the faces (without coloring first them).
Did you try Select Region to Edge Loop [SHIFT]+[L]?
If I underestood you correctly you are looking for "L" button. After you select faces use "L" button. I hope thats it.
Thanks Marcin. I described the right command, but with the wrong shortcut. That one is to revert the action - edge loops to region.
Thanks Marcin... it is just the thing I mentioned. : - )

Micheus I knew the command you said... I needed the reverse one. Now it is solved!

I still am exploring Wings... after so many years of use. : - )))