Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: How to build an N64 character model piece by piece
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I'm new to 3D character modeling, period, so I was hoping for a tutorial on building an N64 character model from scratch, piece by piece. Should I start with the face, the chest, or the feet? I was kind of leaning towards the feet myself. If we're to start with the feet, I'd like to know how to make a foot-in-Mary-Jane mesh which I was hoping to use for two of the characters in a game I've been trying to develop for some time now.
Hi Fotomac, I'm not a 3D artist, but I'm going to left my comments. Maybe something could be of use for you. Smile

(04-10-2017, 11:44 PM)Fotomac Wrote: [ -> ]I'm new to 3D character modeling, period,
That means you already have some 3d modelling skills, right?!

Quote:so I was hoping for a tutorial on building an N64 character model from scratch, piece by piece.
Unfortunately you will not find one made with Wings3D (I don't remember to have seen one)

Quote:Should I start with the face, the chest, or the feet? I was kind of leaning towards the feet myself. If we're to start with the feet, I'd like to know how to make a foot-in-Mary-Jane mesh which I was hoping to use for two of the characters in a game I've been trying to develop for some time now.
I don't think the start from the feet to top is a good idea - it's not the usual. Maybe if you are going to use a reference image. It's common we see people starting from the head or chest (which I think help us to keep the proportions among the other body parts).

You model in Wings3D using the Box Modelling tecnique.
So, since you know about the program's commands/GUI you are able to use any tutorial that uses the same technique, no mettering which 3D softwer you are using.
So, as a sample, this is a tutorial made with 3dsMax using that technique: 3ds Max Pokemon Pikachu Low Poly (part 1)