Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] import obj is error!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello:
I am very like wings3d,but,when I import obj files,it gives error.

the obj file is export from software Creo Parametric,can you help me??

the obj file import 3ds max 、maya、blender is no question。

and I am a chinese user,I want help you in translation .

[attachment=507]

the error file is in:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c25XNry
the related file
medid2001, thanks for the files.
That seems to be a problem with the .obj file exported by Creo that Wings3D isn't ready to deal with.

I upload your object file into Assinp Viewer and then I re-exported it as an .obj file and then Wings3D could load it correctly. Here is the file for your download: rose2-medid2001.zip

I guess it's related to the use of a non manifold structure (notice the backside of the petals - there are no faces):
[Image: rose_zpsc211e4ed.png]

I need to try reduce the .obj to a couple of faces (probably one petal causes the error) otherwise it's a insane work try to debug all these information.
I want to use wings3d as 《Creo》 an extension , because there some lack of《Creo》 in the polygon modeling function, 《Creo》 used to exchange the polygon file format is the obj format, if Creo file simply, wings3d is no problem, but if the Creo file is more complex, Wings3d will bring problem. Creo has no Problem with other software (3DMAX, Maya).

I find that error come from here:

If there are multiple independent geometries in Creo,the error will come。

and if there only one geometry in creo,the error will disappear。
I found the problem. The file you exported from Creo is unicode and we are not ready to read this kind of file.

I did a workaround that fix the problem by now, but any name (material, object) you have used unicode character will look wrong.

Here is the file you need to replace: e3d_obj.beam
It must replace the file you find in a place like this: C:\Program Files\wings3d_2.1.5\lib\wings-2.1.5\ebin

*Please, do a backup of the original file before. Wink
thanks very much!I'll give it a try .

it is so good,thanks very much