Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Wings_crash.dump - function_clause
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello,

Since this issue appear randomly during my work with W3D I can't describe all steps to get it back.
I'm not sure if Tweak palette has anything with it but I have it turned on all the time.
I noticed that after some time repeat function (+d) does not work: when pressed it goes off after 0,1 sec. - just like refresh option working on/off all the time. I have to close W3D and load project once again.
Additionally, now I can't even save my project, got error:

Dump written 2017-5-30_8-43
Version: 2.1.5
Window: geom
Reason: function_clause

Short stack trace:
[]

Long stack trace:
[{gb_trees,get_1,[-16949,nil],[{file,"gb_trees.erl"},{line,243}]},
{wings_we,'-do_renumber/3-lc$^0/1-0-',2,
[{file,"c:/Users/familjen/src/wings/src/wings_we.erl"},{line,678}]},
{wings_we,do_renumber,3,
[{file,"c:/Users/familjen/src/wings/src/wings_we.erl"},{line,678}]},
{wings_we,do_renumber,2,
[{file,"c:/Users/familjen/src/wings/src/wings_we.erl"},{line,643}]},
{wings_we,renumber,2,
[{file,"c:/Users/familjen/src/wings/src/wings_we.erl"},{line,258}]},
{wings_ff_wings,renumber,5,
[{file,"c:/Users/familjen/src/wings/src/wings_ff_wings.erl"},
{line,1314}]},
{wings_ff_wings,export,2,
[{file,"c:/Users/familjen/src/wings/src/wings_ff_wings.erl"},
{line,1251}]},
{wings_file,save_now,2,
[{file,"c:/Users/familjen/src/wings/src/wings_file.erl"},
{line,430}]},
{wings_develop,time_command,2,
[{file,"c:/Users/familjen/src/wings/src/wings_develop.erl"},
{line,73}]},
{wings,raw_command,4,
[{file,"c:/Users/familjen/src/wings/src/wings.erl"},{line,621}]},
{wings_wm,handle_event,3,
[{file,"f:/unixlike/src/wings/src/wings_wm.erl"},{line,957}]},
{wings_wm,send_event,2,
[{file,"f:/unixlike/src/wings/src/wings_wm.erl"},{line,923}]},
{wings_wm,do_dispatch,2,
[{file,"f:/unixlike/src/wings/src/wings_wm.erl"},{line,829}]},
{wings_wm,dispatch_event,1,
[{file,"f:/unixlike/src/wings/src/wings_wm.erl"},{line,730}]},
{wings_wm,get_and_dispatch,0,
[{file,"f:/unixlike/src/wings/src/wings_wm.erl"},{line,650}]},
{wings,init,1,
[{file,"c:/Users/familjen/src/wings/src/wings.erl"},{line,147}]}]

W3D file can't be saved (Delete HotKey window pop-up) and what's the best: original W3D file is deleted. So, if I had only one version of my last save, now can't get any Sad
The only workaround is save as export file.
I just wonder why crash.dump file has path: c:/Users/familjen/src/wings or f:/unixlike/src/wings/src which is not related with my computer.

Could anyone take a look at it?
Thanks.

BR, Hank
(05-30-2017, 07:05 AM)Hank Wrote: [ -> ]W3D file can't be saved (Delete HotKey window pop-up) and what's the best: original W3D file is deleted.
Thanks for the dump. I'm going to try figure it out.

About the original be deleted, remember the last time the file was saved its name becomes <nome_file>.wings~ and the auto saved #<nome_file>.wings#. Look for them.
In case of unsaved file, it must be found under same path of the Preferences.txt file and its name #unsaved.wings#

(05-30-2017, 07:05 AM)Hank Wrote: [ -> ]I just wonder why crash.dump file has path: c:/Users/familjen/src/wings or f:/unixlike/src/wings/src which is not related with my computer.
They are debug information related to the path in the environment they were built.
c:/Users/familjen/src/wings owns to dgud
f:/unixlike/src/wings owns to me. Smile
Hank, despite the Repeat issue, I would like to ask if you already applied all the paths I made available? I ask you because in this thread ([fixed] Save issues after collapsing a hole.) we fixed the renumber error during the save routine by fixing the wings_we.beams
(05-31-2017, 06:49 AM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]Hank, despite the Repeat issue, I would like to ask if you already applied all the paths I made available? I ask you because in this thread ([fixed] Save issues after collapsing a hole.) we fixed the renumber error during the save routine by fixing the wings_we.beams

I can't download the file (error 404) could you share it again?

Since a week I got new laptop and even I use W3D on it, the problem still occurs, so I exclude hardware conflict. Additionally turned off some 3rd party software in case it might be the root cause, but still the same.
What's interesting, when the problem shows up for the first time I have to close the program and start again. I noticed next time after first attept it shows up again much faster. Just like the buffer was full or something like this.
Pls. fix the link to the file and I will change it.
Thank you.

BR, Hank
I replaced files from W3D 2.1.5 issues but still the same.

and here's my recording:

I wish my recording progam can show pressed key, but this function is missing.
I used vertex - > move - > normal and later +d (repeat last function) but no respond. Top menu option works OK, just no result from keys.
As mentioned above: when issue appear for first time, for second and next program run it appears much earlier

BR, Hank
Dears,

I can announce small success: since I downloaded W3D 32bit version I can't reproduce the issue anymore. Strange, I can't confirm wheter it's related with my system (Win10) or just W3D 64b?

Additionally, I found when you install 32b version it goes to .../program files(x86)/Wings3D 2.1.5 and 64b to: .../program files/Wings3D 2.1.5

Any other difference? I don't think so.
Here's my another conclusion(following 64b version and tracing the issue)
:
- when change windows between the programs it stops respond key-shortcuts (even when all files fixing it are up to date)
- the issue appears (for the first time) with objects ~ 500 vertices
- Tweak/slide option is on all the time

Any comments or additional test are welcome.

BR, Hank
new update:

Tested in Linux Mint and the issue also exist, so it's not system dependent

BR, Hank
Thanks for the updates.
+ video recording from result:

used shortcut keys can be seen in right bottom

As you can see, top menu options works OK.

Only key functions give no result.

W3D bug-fix files up to date.

I wish I knew how to make the video window bigger in the thread, but for better quality you can go directly to IMGUR webside + RMB -> Save video as

BTW: program for key pressed option used in the recording is available to download here: carnac

BR, Hank
Hank, I have been playing with Wings3D just to try figure out what is causing the hotkeys freezing. Today I got a situation similar the one you have been describing.

Then, by checking your video I confirmed it was happening what I observed here: the Geometry window isn't get the focus in that situation (check its title bar - it's always "greyed").

The problem now I to discover which action we are doing outside the Geometry window that is causing that. Dodgy
Pages: 1 2 3 4