Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Takeart|Shuriken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

My another fun made project is a shuriken.
You can see my tutorial how it is done step by step. Smile

Modeling: Wings 3D
Render: Cycles
Final: Photoshop

If you enjoy my job click subscribe Tongue

[Image: Shuriken%20Render_zpsq0xpp4xt.png]

[Image: Shuriken%20Render%20wire_zpsbcjjihoc.png]

[Image: 1_zpsatn0funq.png]

If you like my projects you can always follow me on Instagram or a Facebook fan page Smile

Feel free to comment
Regards
Marcin Maćkowiak
Nice one Marcin.
Thanks for share the step-by-step. I think it would be shared in the How To section.

Just to share other possibilities, there was an interesting discussion about this subject (but, a five points one) at the old Wings3D forum - Shuriken model - from 2011.
puzzledpaul offered us a couple of different options as well as I record five different approaches too. Biggrin
Wings3d: Making a Shuriken: method 1, method 2, method 3, method 4 and method 5
Thanks for your comment micheus.

I'm glad that I have made it in the different way. I didn't saw these methods earlier Biggrin
Yeah, we always can find a new way to build the same object. I had been playing with Wings3d for two years that time and now, six years later I would probably try a different approach. As me we knows the tool's more possibilities we can see. Smile

You found a simple way to do it.
(06-13-2017, 11:38 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, we always can find a new way to build the same object. I had been playing with Wings3d for two years that time and now, six years later I would probably try a different approach. As me we knows the tool's more possibilities we can see. Smile

That's why I love so much 3D world. Because it's never boring even If you do the same project you can always do It using new methods and ideas etc. Smile
Hi Marcin,

Excellent work!
Could you share with details about textures?
Shuriken looks like cloud/noise from Blender and the tree is the same or made from reference photo?

BR, Hank
Simple and useful tutorial, congrats Marcin ! Cool
Thanks guys for your comments Smile
(06-14-2017, 12:54 PM)Hank Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcin,

Excellent work!
Could you share with details about textures?
Shuriken looks like cloud/noise from Blender and the tree is the same or made from reference photo?

BR, Hank

I'm not sure if I catch what you mean.

Tree and shuriken is as model 3D. The background (blurred) is added in photoshop.
If you type in google shuriken there is a first image of shuriken - I took it as reference texture. For a tree I have got a texture from somewhere I don't remember (it was in my texture library).

Shuriken may look green because of reflections from leaves. Smile

Greetings