Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Shortcuts stop working when Tweak is enabled and other bugs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some reproducable bugs, where keyboard shortcut commands will execute instantly if tweak is enabled and some other bugs that appear as a result of it.

1) Enable tweak
2) Make cube
3) Move verticies around randomly using a keyboard shortcut (I have Shift + F bound to move > free) and this is where it's a little random because you have to be quickly selecting > moving > deselecting over and over. Eventually, without fail for me, the keyboard shortcut for moving will stop working. Other keyboard shortcuts still work. It appears as if the command (Move > Free in this case) is executed instantly, because the selection and the help bar flashes when it's locking up. If I instead hold down the keyboard shortcut, I can see the help text for Move > Free and moving is now very very laggy.

4a) If however, I focus on another app like a browser and then come back to Wings, ALL keyboard shortcuts will have stopped working. Space for deselect, the selection mode shortcuts (F for Face, V for Vertex, etc.), custom ones, all of them.

4b) If I disable tweak when the keyboard shortcut locks up, the keyboard shortcut starts working fine again, but any operation I do afterwards, for example deleting a vertex, is done twice.

Hope this makes sense.
Nova, thanks for the good report.
That is a know behaviour in the latest version and very hard to manage. It was reported something similar before and we worked to try fix them.
Did you applied the fixes I made available in the Some fixes to be applied to the current version: 2.1.5?
I just tried with those fixes, and it didn't help. All the problems in my original post persist.
Thank you for your feedback. Let's try find this issue using you latest information. Thank you.
Nova, unfortunately I couldn't reproduce it. Sad

Maybe you could share your preferences file and then I would be testing using your settings.
Here you go, I hope it's the right one.
yeah, It seems to be. Smile
Thanks

Just to confirm, you get this problem with the regular install. right? Without the paths I shared.
I got this on a regular install, yes. and after you posted the fixes, I tried again and everything was the same.
(11-22-2017, 12:29 PM)Nova Wrote: [ -> ]3) Move verticies around randomly using a keyboard shortcut (I have Shift + F bound to move > free) and this is where it's a little random because you have to be quickly selecting > moving > deselecting over and over. Eventually, without fail for me, the keyboard shortcut for moving will stop working. Other keyboard shortcuts still work. It appears as if the command (Move > Free in this case) is executed instantly, because the selection and the help bar flashes when it's locking up. If I instead hold down the keyboard shortcut, I can see the help text for Move > Free and moving is now very very laggy.
I believe that should be avoid, since the lag is probably caused by the two actions being activated for the keyboard event: the Move->Normal command and the use of the SHIFT constraint for the Move->Normal command.

Quote:4a) If however, I focus on another app like a browser and then come back to Wings, ALL keyboard shortcuts will have stopped working. Space for deselect, the selection mode shortcuts (F for Face, V for Vertex, etc.), custom ones, all of them.

4b) If I disable tweak when the keyboard shortcut locks up, the keyboard shortcut starts working fine again, but any operation I do afterwards, for example deleting a vertex, is done twice.
I still couldn't repeat it in a right way - it happens randomly. At some point I finally got it frozen.
It looks like the same problem reported by Hank I was trying to figure out. If you read from this post, you will noticed we observed that when the shortcut problem is "active" the Geometry window doesn't get focus. But, I still couldn't find command or sequence of command that could cause that and then be able to try fix. Very annoying.

When it happen again, could you please check if you are getting the same Geometry window behavior?
This is hopefully fixed or at least improved, it doesn't happen as often as before but I think
I have seen it happen once in a while after fixing it, but I can never repeat it, so it's really hard to debug
I have tried to make the problem appear before the release now to debug it but could not make
it happen.