Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Takeart|Olaf from Frozen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

It's x-masss time so I decided to do some winter time render. So here is a timelapse of Olaf from Frozen.
At the same time let me wish you a good time with your family, happy modeling and New Year!

Modeling: Wings 3D
Render: Cycles

[Image: Olaf_PICm.jpg]
[Image: Olafpm.png]
[Image: Olafwirem.png]

If you like my projects you can always follow me on Instagram or a Facebook fan page Smile

Feel free to comment
Regards
Marcin Maćkowiak
Well done Marcin Maćkowiak

Maybe you used it for didactic purpose, but if not, I would suggest you to try the Sweep Region [RMB] instead of Extrude->Normal for the arm modelling. Very handy for that kind of extrusion.
Its easy to extract along the selected face normal (let say Z axis) and as you enter a perpendicular axis (in this case X) you can easily extrude, scale and rotate all at once. The use of repeat command [D] allow you to model it continuously and even for the fingers you still uses the repeat command.
As the Tweak commands aren't "repeatable" you can still make changes in the topology and selecting a face restart to repeat the Sweep command without problems.

Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year to everyone.
I wish it could be a less quiet year for this Wings3D's community. Smile

* Featured in our Wings3D fanpage at G+ and Facebook.
Very impressive Marcin.
Good job
I now it's too late but - Merry christmas for everyone
and happy new year too Cool
(12-24-2017, 12:19 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you used it for didactic purpose, but if not, I would suggest you to try the Sweep Region [RMB] instead of Extrude->Normal for the arm modelling.

It's weird that I didn't used this option in this case becouse for "sticks" hair I was using sweep region. Wink

Thanks olve11!
That's happen. Smile

I noticed you started to produce videos regularly. That's good. The community needs that.
Also I noticed you are using a interesting tool to show the hotkeys on screen. Cold you tell me which one is it?
(12-28-2017, 02:33 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]I added them manualy - It took me more time than the video record ;D
Don't tell me. Biggrin
That's remember me about all the annotations I used to put in my YouTube videos.

I've been thinking it could be nice if we could have an option for that inside Wings3D.
Nice work, as usual! : - )