Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: loop delete?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've searched the forum and can't find info on how to delete verts when deleting loops.

I'm not sure if this is available or not.

been in game development for 20 years and I've used 3ds since DOS. The rent is too high!

Switching from Max to anything else! Wings has a very similar modeling set. Can't wait for updates!

Thanks!

Smile
(01-10-2018, 03:23 PM)dasPoly Wrote: [ -> ]been in game development for 20 years and I've used 3ds since DOS. The rent is too high!
Welcome to our small community. I hope Wings3D can supply your 3D requirements.

(01-10-2018, 03:23 PM)dasPoly Wrote: [ -> ]I've searched the forum and can't find info on how to delete verts when deleting loops.
I'm not sure I understood your problem. Let see if it's about that: you selected an edge loop and hit [DELETE] or [BCK SPC] then the edges disappears and you still have the vertex in the place where the edges was passing through. To remove the edges with its vertex you must to use the context menu option Dissolve clicking on it with the right mouse button (RMB).

If you access the context menu you will notice the hotkey for Dissolve command is [BkSp] (backspace).

Since you came from 3ds Max, here a couple of things to you know about Wings3D:
- You can use the Preferences dialog to select the 3ds Max camera mode, so it can be more comfortable for you move around the workspace (Geometry window);
- The context menus in Wings3D use to have multiple actions for each command. They are chosen by your click using the LBM, MMB and RMB (left, middle and right mouse button);
- The objects in Wings3D are always a "solid" - a closed object. So, if you remove a couple of elements (vertex, edges, faces) - depending on the amount - you may notice a new strange face covering that area. If you need a hole in your model, then use the proper Hole command.

If you downloaded the latest version, please don't forget to access the Bugs Reports session where we have a pinned thread Some fixes to be applied to the current version: 2.1.5.
Extremely proficient.

Exactly what I was talking about.

Thank You for your quick reply.

Have a great day my friend.

Smile