Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Fortschritt T-174
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello W3D Users!

Another adventure with W3D; this time it's Mobilbagger/Excavator Fortschritt T-174.
Modelled in W3D 1.5.4
Textures: Gimp 2.8 (Diffuse + Ambient Occlusion)

Print-screens:
(LMB click for bigger preview)

Wire:

UV map:

Textures:

Bigger parts ( 2048x2048 )

Smaller parts (1024x1024) - UV nightmare! Smile

Additionally, model stand has separate texture which was downloaded from:
http://texturelib.com/texture/?path=/Tex...floor_0011

UPDATE:
/12 Feb 2018/

Render: 1600x950 (Blender/Cycles), LMB for full view

+ 360° view:

Background texture from: HERE

Model spec:
143 objects, 8840 faces, 17629 edges, 9047 vertices (not triangulated)
To save UV map space, some objects were duplicated (tires, pipes, barrel etc.)

Any questions or comments are welcome.

BR, Hank
Excellent work Hank

I would like to suggest you to upload it to a 3D viewer provider like P3D or SketchFab.

* Featured in our Wings3D fanpage at G+ and Facebook.
(01-13-2018, 09:49 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent work Hank

I would like to suggest you to upload it to a 3D viewer provider like P3D or SketchFab.

* Featured in our Wings3D fanpage at G+ and Facebook.

Thanks Micheus,

I will try to process your request for P3D or SketchFab, but I have some questions:
- do I need to install any additional plugin if I want to see the model in my browser?
- can models be viewed also in mobile devices? (mobile phones or tablets)
- Is there any limitation for object size? (max number of faces/vertices?)

Thanks for answer.
BR, Hank
Hank, I think the best one and more popular is the Sketchfab. In this post I added instructions to share the projects here in the forum.

(01-14-2018, 07:09 PM)Hank Wrote: [ -> ]I will try to process your request for P3D or SketchFab, but I have some questions:
- do I need to install any additional plugin if I want to see the model in my browser?
1) No, you don't need to install anything if you will use a browser as viewer;
2) All mobile browsers are capable to show the 3D models. But, there is an app to view the models including stuff like VR and AR (check this link);
3) The limit is by size. For a free account each file can be up to 50MB. There is no limit for uploads.

You can have any other questions answered in their features documentation. Smile
Perfect work mate.
Very nice work! In its rendered version it needs, however, much more contrast in shadows. Having not such a contrast makes injustice to the so good modeling and texturing. There should be a rendering that brings forth the model's volume (and... in the present case the volume has to be quite 'heavy' : - ).
(01-14-2018, 11:22 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]Hank, I think the best one and more popular is the Sketchfab. In this post I added instructions to share the projects here in the forum.

(01-14-2018, 07:09 PM)Hank Wrote: [ -> ]I will try to process your request for P3D or SketchFab, but I have some questions:
1) No, you don't need to install anything if you will use a browser as viewer;
2) All mobile browsers are capable to show the 3D models. But, there is an app to view the models including stuff like VR and AR (check this link);
3) The limit is by size. For a free account each file can be up to 50MB. There is no limit for uploads.

You can have any other questions answered in their features documentation. Smile

Thank you for reply and I'm still thinking about it. Although in back of my head I keep option to create own web site and share with major work from all graphic stuff. At this moment I have wide range projects (W3D, Blender 3D, Gimp and sometimes Grafx2) so I try to follow your suggest and share my work with some 3rd party web viewer too.

(01-18-2018, 08:33 AM)Dimitri Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice work! In its rendered version it needs, however, much more contrast in shadows. Having not such a contrast makes injustice to the so good modeling and texturing. There should be a rendering that brings forth the model's volume (and... in the present case the volume has to be quite 'heavy' : - ).

I adjusted the texture (+10% brightness and turned on AO) so they are have more light, but for the final render I'm still testing some options, like brighter background or view angle. Still no conclusion.

Anyhow, I'm very happy to finish this project in W3D and final render shouldn't be any big effort.

Thank you for all comments and suggestions.

BR, Hank
Hank,
Very nice model. I look forward to seeing the render of the model.

oort
Great work, Hank! Grats on it! Nice model, great texture! However the render looks like a paper model, and it does look great if we put it this way! Adjusting the material to make it look as metal, glass, rubber would help. Lights and background won't change much the way it looks w/o the right material!
Perfect modeling and texturing as usual!
Pages: 1 2