Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Cuts Absolute (Edge mode)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ggaliens, it could be of user interest decide from which vertex of an edges the cut should to start. Don't you think?
Since it is cutting into equal parts still ... the direction does not matter with the command. Trying to keep it simple. This is of course for operating on a massive scale where user "picks" would not work anyways. For example ... it might be used across an entire human form (poyhedral human).
(01-15-2018, 02:30 AM)ggaliens Wrote: [ -> ]Since it is cutting into equal parts still ... the direction does not matter with the command.
Well, to cut into equal parts is done by Cut (you know). But, cut by a specific length can result in an end segment (edge) which length can be shorter than the value entered or longer than it - but not enough for two equal segments.

Thinking on that I did my comment. I tend to think about the possibilities, maybe because of that I take too long time to get something implemented. Smile
The plugin is of course just using wings_edge:cut under the covers ... but it does still need to compute the number of cuts per edge using the round command.
Mark happy to see you here again! Can you put the link to the new Manifoldlab edition please? After so much time I do not remember where it was. : - )
Dimitri, he already made a post with that information: manifoldlab.net
I just pinned it in the main ManifoldLab's session. Smile
Great to see you back again, Mark.