Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [wip]Wings2Thea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my re work of the Kerky plugin for Thea Render.
I started on it a few years ago and it never really got very far but something has clicked and I'm doing a little better with Erlang
Thus far it exports, renders and saves the image
IBL lighting works
lights
camera
materials with normal maps

The KT exporter has a lot of stuff that is way more complicated than it needs to be, like render presets, I plan to load these from file, possibly even materials and skies
(01-21-2018, 01:23 PM)nigec Wrote: [ -> ]I started on it a few years ago and it never really got very far but something has clicked and I'm doing a little better with Erlang
Are you continuing that project or you just start it again?
Just to know if you are using use the current KT plugin version with all changes needed to use the new UI. Smile
I've started again with the current version, I over complicated things last time, my goal is just an exporter

Thea can use KT files, so it was quite easy to get it rendering

What does work:
Ambient Occlusion and spherical image
Lights: point lights
materials with textures and normal maps
Camera and settings
export, render, save image and close

First things first:
ability to set a sample limit or time limits.
Options to how Thea runs.
Read the registry to find Thea's data folder
Use external presets rather than the hard coded ones, which don't work.
Tidy up the render preset code

Just those things will make it useful.. then I'll work on getting the physical sky working, that is totally different
Then everything else lol
Except for the academic version, it's too expensive. Sad
it might bring in new users, Wings has great uv unwrapping and importers.. in that respect its worth me trying to do this for the unwrapping Smile
nigec,
Hopefully it will bring new users to Wings3D. In what ways is the free version of Thea limited? Does it put a watermark on the rendered image? I guess I could check the Thea website but figured it would be easier to ask you... Smile

Thanks,
oort
Sadly it does add watermarks and the image is restricted to 800x600, other than that everything works

The Kerky exporter works enough to create a file Thea can read