Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: double click for loop and
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
key binding plus double click for rings.

Let's things go much faster.

Sorry if this has been covered. Smile
(01-29-2018, 04:17 PM)dasPoly Wrote: [ -> ]key binding plus double click for rings.

Let's things go much faster.
Selecting an edge and hitting [G] you get an Edge Ring selected; if you hit [L] you get an Edge Loop selected.
I think that is fast enough. Isn't it?
Looking for hot keys that travel all across the keyboard for related tasks is actually slower because you have to look.

If you can make the keybindings layed out closer to each other for related tasks and utilize double clicks, then the program becomes more fluid and encourages creativity w/o it being distracting.

In some programs vertex, edge, and poly are all next to each other ( Q, W, E, etc...)

Same premise with actions/functions.

I can go fast in this program but the layout could be made better and you could draw more people wanting to leave expensive programs just by organizing work related tasks.

2 cents Smile
I vastly prefer Wings' default layout since it makes a great deal of sense to me, e = edge, v = vertex, f = face, etc. Besides, you can rebind almost anything in wings by pressing the INSERT button, then navigating to the command through right-click or menus and then pressing the key you want to bind it to.