Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Missing exporting to .pov files in the 2.1.5 version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings!

In the 1.5.* versions of Wings3D there were comprehensive support of working with the .pov file format (materials allowed to define many POV-specific options).

In the 2.1.5 version I don't see anymore these POV options in the material settings and I even don't see the option of exporting to a .pov file in the supported file types (menu items "File/Export" and "File/Export selected").

Am I missing something or those POV features were not included in the 2.1+ version?

/Al
(02-01-2018, 02:48 PM)alber Wrote: [ -> ]Am I missing something or those POV features were not included in the 2.1+ version?
Probably yeah. Smile
You need to go to menu Edit->Plug-in Preferences->POV-Ray and setup the executable path.
After that, you must be able to see all the dialogs related to POV-Ray.

Noticed I do recommend you to use the 3.7 since I did a couple of additions in 2016 that will require it:
- New ambient light settings that allow us to use SkyBox, SkyDome and HDRI - check this post
- A comparison between the HDR+SkySphere and the workaround that enabled us to hide the background HDR+Sphere - post
- rendering quality - post
- SSLT - post
- Camera mode - post

You don't need to install the plugin linked in that thread since it was already added to the latest Wings3D version.
micheus,

many thanks! All works now.

/Al