Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Extrude Grid Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not understanding when I extrude one side of a grid (by X) by 0.5, it works as expected the first time. The second time I extrude the same side (by X) by 0.5, the selected edge jumps backwards by -0.2 or something like that?

Also... Can I create a single face grid? I don't need the bottom side for anything.

Thanks!
Joe
(03-09-2018, 08:48 PM)J. Baker Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not understanding when I extrude one side of a grid (by X) by 0.5, it works as expected the first time. The second time I extrude the same side (by X) by 0.5, the selected edge jumps backwards by -0.2 or something like that?
That is strange, but I cannot check that on my PC by now.

Quote:Can I create a single face grid? I don't need the bottom side for anything.
Wings3d works with a manifold surface, so it's a good idea keep it. You can set the height to zero or you can select the top faces and use Extract - I think it will result in a top and bottom object without the side faces (different from the zero thickness I suggested above)
You can set the unwanted faces as a hole or hide them.
Thanks for the info! I must state that I'm not using the latest version. I'm on XP and OS X 10.9.