Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Infinite light bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

A bug in 2.1.6 using infinite lightsources when in modeling mode and preview-mode ("smooth shading"):

Some sort of weird black&white stipling appears on vertical surfaces (no matter how subdivided that surface is) when using an infinite lightsource in a vertical only position. This bug is not present in 2.1.5. Some surfaces also appear to have inversed shadowing.

PS: I had to dig up an old e-mail from 2013 to be able to login, since my request for a new one did not work; I never recieved a new password to my e-mail address BiggrinS

[attachment=522][attachment=523][attachment=524]
(03-25-2018, 01:19 PM)Fomhorian73 Wrote: [ -> ]PS: I had to dig up an old e-mail from 2013 to be able to login, since my request for a new one did not work; I never recieved a new password to my e-mail address Biggrin
that is not working anymore.
I have include instructions for new users check this link. It seems I have to do the same to the recovery password page too. Sorry for that.
Thanks for the bug report, I will take another look at lighting and material properties in the next release.