Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Scout wip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
More to come. Smile
Thanks for share your work.
Are you modeling it in high resolution or is it just OpenCL subd in action?

We alway appreciate to see the mesh. Smile

p.'s. The space available for attachments is very small. I suggest you look for an image hoster to show us your further images.
A little bit of both.

There's a very simple base, but because it's round, if I make certain cuts in to low of res then sphere continuity breaks, so I smooth a step and add more cuts.

Thats the high resolution mesh that I posted as a bake source, and am retopologizing it in Topogun to bring into substance.

I'll update again once it moves a little farther. Smile

I've added the base, and the next level up where I cut in bottom detail and engines and some extra views.

The rest is smoothing. Smile

[Image: Scout_base_01_zpsadt91lgc.jpg]

[Image: Scout_base_02_zps6w6uszbw.jpg]

[Image: Scout_back_zps8hdpgba5.jpg]

[Image: Scout_wire_high_zpslwlrm7a7.jpg]

[Image: Scout_wire_bottom_high_zpsriunu1ps.jpg]

[Image: Scout_btm_bck_smoothed_zpsxncxpn0o.jpg]
Thanks for show us your base mesh.
The supposed final result in high res looks very nice.

Just in case, do you know that you can use Flow Connect (in Edge mode) to keep the face curvature when adding details. It is useful most the times.
Yes, I use flow connect a lot. Smile

It's just large chunks taken out of the low res sphere can't maintain the curve @ corners after it's been smoothed.

I would need ZBrush the take chunks out of a sphere while maintaining curvature at the corners or I would need to start at a higher resolution sphere in wings, kind of the same thing.

and Thank You! Still more to learn. Smile