Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Invisible wire frame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK... glad to know it's been there since 1.3.1

I'll have to try it on my older machine (Tiger and Wings 1.1) - working from there to see how far I can go into the newer versions...
The same problem also occurred to my Mac mini.
Quote:Cosax wrote
I'm on a macbook air (HD 4000 graphics) with OS X 10.8.3
My machine's Graphic chip is Intel iris.
It might be the problem occurs in Intel graphics chip.

Can someone fix this problem?

I tried to modify wings_render module for this problem avoid.
However it is a unofficial solution and isn't perfect.
It forced draw egdes,but side effects occurred on face/secondary selection.
A file can download from a following url. Please use if you're interested.

http://brace.client.jp/wings3d_141/file....der_module
render_module_for_intel_gpu_mac.zip(for Wings3D 1.5.3)
(01-25-2015, 05:23 AM)tkbd Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone fix this problem?

I tried to find a workaround for that last year, but I also got a side effect. (and, unfortunately I lost the code when my pen-drive was damaged Sad)

I'll take a look on it and see if in the machine I have the Intel chip I can get the same issue as yours.
micheus Wrote:I tried to find a workaround for that last year, but I also got a side effect. (and, unfortunately I lost the code when my pen-drive was damaged Sad)

That’s a pity. Sad
It is scary because storage device there are times when broken suddenly,isn't it?

By the way,about wireframe problem was progress to solution!
I was finally corrected the display with no side effects(for example z-fighting in seveal mode),a clue was simple!
In intel driver,It seem that probably polygon offset count way is differ from other driver.
Change 2 value and work fine!
Quote:wings_renderer.erl(orig)

Line186: polygonOffset(1), %% change 2 to 1 for fix
Line226: polygonOffset(0), %% change 1 to 0 for fix
I think that there is a side effect in other graphics driver.
then I've uploaded a new file.(Use for Intel GPU Mac only)
http://brace.client.jp/wings3d_141/file....der_module
(Edit:15/9/10, for Wings3D 2.0 files are available.)

render_module_for_intel_ok_ver2.zip is archive.
Does it work in your environment?

----------------------------------------------
tkbd

(01-26-2015, 09:31 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2015, 05:23 AM)tkbd Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone fix this problem?

I tried to find a workaround for that last year, but I also got a side effect. (and, unfortunately I lost the code when my pen-drive was damaged Sad)

I'll take a look on it and see if in the machine I have the Intel chip I can get the same issue as yours.
(02-05-2015, 12:11 PM)tkbd Wrote: [ -> ]In intel driver,It seem that probably polygon offset count way is differ from other driver.
Change 2 value and work fine!
Quote:wings_renderer.erl(orig)

Line186: polygonOffset(1), %% change 2 to 1 for fix
Line226: polygonOffset(0), %% change 1 to 0 for fix
We thought the same too. That's why dgud added the option to change that in the Preferences->Misc->Edges display problems?. But there the minor values is 1.0.

I played with many values and no one worked for the Intel graphic I have. So I changed my approach and got some good result, but not really a fix (left is regular render and right with the "fix" applied):
[Image: th_drawing_edges-1_zpssdic5bsf.png]
The are more details in this post.

I tested your code in a PC (i5) with a Intel HD Graphics and still have "my" edge problem:
[Image: th_drawing_edges-2_zpshrz4yisl.png]but for these motherboard with Intel graphic card it goes away just by changing the camera view/zoom a little.
I'm going to try it in a old PC with XP and Intel. But, it seems that this problem related to Intel has no way to be completely fixed - even if we can find a solution it's not applicable to all PC platform. Sad
Thank you for useful infomation,
I understood that the problem doesn't limit in specific OS and by more complex mechanism... Sad
It might be necessary that a setting of relative offset adjustment of each display elements
( hilight -- selection -- edge(wire frame) -- solid ).

Preference > Misc > Workaround >Edge Offset
This feature seems to adjust an offset in the selection area.
There are some tests by my environment(see follow a screenshot).
[Image: th_edge_offset_option_zpslm0ydyzy.png]

An edge display offset ,It's interesting that an the offset is affected in Face Selection.

(02-06-2015, 04:35 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]We thought the same too. That's why [b]dgud[b] added the option to change that in the [/i]Preferences->Misc->Edges display problems?[/i]. But there the minor values is 1.0.

I played with many values and no one worked for the Intel graphic I have. So I changed my approach and got some good result, but not really a fix (left is regular render and right with the "fix" applied):
[Image: th_drawing_edges-1_zpssdic5bsf.png]
The are more details in this post.

I tested your code in a PC (i5) with a Intel HD Graphics and still have "my" edge problem:
[Image: th_drawing_edges-2_zpshrz4yisl.png]but for these mother Intel graphic card it goes away just by changing the camera view/zoom a little.
I'm going to try it in a old PC with XP and Intel. But, it seems that this problem related to Intel has no way to be completely fixed - even if we can find a solution it's not applicable to all PC platform. Sad
Pages: 1 2