Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: 3D Scanners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the subject of 3D Printers was raised I thought I would post a link to 3D Scanning software. David 3D Scanner is free as long as all you use is the basic 3d scanning software. In order to combine multiple scans you need an added part which costs money. It is called Shapefusion and I see it is included but you are unable to save the file in the free version of the software.

I was able to scan a couple of things using a laser line tool and a webcam. I didn't get any further than testing it out. They added structured light scanning which I have not tried. They also sell kits with all you need to get started.

David Laser Scanner

oort

johnmcdonald

Looks cool, thanks!
So I'd like to share my own experience in 3d scanning.
I chosed Artec production. When i started my experiment with scanning i had xBox with it's kinect sensor. I used Skanect, KScan3D, Artec studio trial version. Studio gave better results. As my skill grew, and i started earning money i needed professional scanner, so i bought Eva.
Thanks for sharing this scanner with us. Appreciated.