Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Due to the state of semi-abandonment in the one that finds the project YafaRay, I have decided to create a fork and to continue with his development under my own criteria and guidelines.
Is my intention to keep on adding new features to the render engine, as IrradianceCache or Sub-surface Scattering, and to promote the development of the current exporters for Blender, SketchUp and Wings3d.

I would like to invite everybody to take part in this project.
You can continue closely his development, communicate with other users or speak with his developers
using irc.freenode.net, channel #thebounty
Also you can raise a debate, share a work or show your project in
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/...tyrenderer

That is all for today. In the next days, I am going to be revealing more aspects of this project.
Greetings..

Update [27/10/2016]
This is the under development version of exporter for Wings3D 2.x. Currently only for Windows x64 versions.
* https://www.thebountyrenderer.org/system...1477624774

Please, see README file for details about how install and use this version. And remember, this is an under development version for Wings3D 2.x, not use with other Wings3D versions.
When you are done with that I have an opencl port of luxrender for wings that needs some love :-)
povmaniac, I download your new code and I'm fixing the Save button bug again.

Something very important when you are adding new fields (controls) to a dialog: you must add its identify in the same position that it appears in the dialog description.
for exemple: for the list of fields used as parameter to the function export_dialog_qs/1 and export_prefs/0, each time you add a field declaration (or enabled any one commented) to the list that describe the dialog you need to add that id to the parameter list in the same position (look for the key id before or after).
The parameter list is like a mirror to the fields sequence in the dialog description - it needs to match. That's can avoid some headache, since the number of fields are bigger. Wink
Ok.. I applied your fix code in TheBounty fork and work fine now.
I prepare news commits for today.
Thanks you.
(10-26-2013, 04:43 PM)povmaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Ok.. I applied your fix code in TheBounty fork and work fine now.
That's good, because I did the adjusts to the code I download this morning and I'm still getting crash when the dialog opens. I've started again, because the rebase didn't work. I'll wait for your new commit to github.
Thanks for inform.
Commits are done...
Btw.. 'Save' and 'Load' options work fine... but I obtain an crash with 'Reset'
Code:
Dump written 2013-10-26_13-48
Version: 1.5.pre1.74.g2aee
Window: {dialog,#Ref<0.0.0.692>}
Reason: {case_clause,{1.0,50.0}}

Short stack trace:
[]

Long stack trace:
[{wings_ask,integer_validator,1,[{file,"wings_ask.erl"},{line,3218}]},
{wings_ask,mktree_text,4,[{file,"wings_ask.erl"},{line,3183}]},
{wings_ask,mktree_container_1,4,[{file,"wings_ask.erl"},{line,1468}]},
{wings_ask,mktree_container,5,[{file,"wings_ask.erl"},{line,1443}]},
{wings_ask,mktree_container,5,[{file,"wings_ask.erl"},{line,1443}]},
{wings_ask,mktree_container,5,[{file,"wings_ask.erl"},{line,1443}]}]

Greetings..
I had the same problem in other parts of the code today,
in that case it was that the default value was set to an integer and not an float.
You can convert it with float(Integer)
Yes, when the default value is a floating number (yafaray fval) (1.0, 0.00, etc) it is called with ~.10f

Quote:<sigma fval=\"~.10f\"/>

when it is a whole number (yafaray ival) (1,2,10,etc) it is called with ~w

Quote:<dispersion_samples ival=\"~w\"/>

when it is a true or false (yafaray bval) (true,false) is is called with ~s

Quote:<dispersion_jitter bval=\"~s\"/>

when it is a text string (yafaray sval) (hello, this, that) it is also called with ~s

Quote:<material name=\"~s\">

I find myself having to fix this myself from time to time... Smile I still hope to have more time to contribute in November.
Thanks,
oort
(10-25-2013, 08:43 PM)dgud Wrote: [ -> ]When you are done with that I have an opencl port of luxrender for wings that needs some love :-)

I have other proposal for you..
Using the (yafaray/thebounty) python API with ErlPort
http://erlport.org/docs/python.html#erlang-api
for an complete integration of this renderer. API to API. Not more .xml files.
More fast, more integrated ...best!!.
I cannot make it. Not have problem with the Python side, but my Erlang is very basic, atm.
Greetings..
Edit: this is the basic Python API..
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1684...gs_py33.7z
If you want one fast and better talking with me, use the IRC channel: irc.freenode.net #thebounty

For see the API in action..Smile
(10-26-2013, 05:25 PM)povmaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Btw.. 'Save' and 'Load' options work fine... but I obtain an crash with 'Reset'
Code:
Dump written 2013-10-26_13-48
Version: 1.5.pre1.74.g2aee
Window: {dialog,#Ref<0.0.0.692>}
Reason: {case_clause,{1.0,50.0}}
As dgud said it's related to default values, since Reset will bring they back.
The validator value in the dump is set by range_1(sss_depth) -> {1.0,50.0}; and there was a integer constant being assigned to the field.
I had already fixed these two constants before. Do this changes to yaf_defines.erl:
Line 132: -define(DEF_SSS_DEPTH, 15.0).
Line 134: -define(DEF_SSS_SINGLESCATTER_SAMPLES, 32.0).

Back to DOF value: what about to use the distance calculated from AIM - as Kerkythea and POV-Ray already do - to set the initial value to the DOF field? This way, if the user want to change it the field will still be there to be changed.
By playing with Aim I found it simple to correctly set the DOF.
If OK, I can add its suppor.

EDIT: I just saw that the exporter code (export_camera/3) is already using the distance to Aim too. So, maybe would we just remove this field from the dialog?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19