Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: I have had problems installing Wings 3D in Ubuntu 14.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had problems installing Wings 3D in Ubuntu 14.04, and can not find it in repsitorios distribution, I've tried to compile and gives me error, try to download the file .run and does not run me.

Someone had this problem in Ubuntu 14.04, if you had an as resolved, if I hear a manager, cooperation could tell me what this happening with 3d wings in Ubuntu?

Could someone please tell me how to install my wings 3d in ubuntu 14.04 or Linux Mint 17 "Quiana".

Greetings to all
Hi gibaalav
the way I know you need to start it from the Terminal.

1) Installing
- download the program (it will be in the Downloads folder);
- open a Terminal (you will be in the home folder);
- type: sudo sh ./Downloads/wings-1.5.3-linux.bzip2.run (that will install Wings3d)

2) Running Wings3d
- open a Terminal (you will be in the home folder);
- type: sh ./wings-1.5.3/wings
(06-21-2014, 11:50 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]1) Installing
- type: sudo sh ./Downloads/wings-1.5.3-linux.bzip2.run (that will install Wings3d)
2) Running Wings3d
- type: sh ./wings-1.5.3/wings

This method worked for me! Thank you.

Additional question:
I made a little script by copying sh ./wings-1.5.3/wings into gedit, then save it to the desktop.
I changed Permission and set it to start with Oracle Java 7 Runtime, but nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong? Or can it only be started from the Terminal?

Thanks for any help.
Why Java?
(08-30-2014, 06:29 AM)nemyax Wrote: [ -> ]Why Java?

I don't know... What should I select than?

H
/bin/sh
These ultra-short cryptic asnwers are no help.
Sorry.
Create a desktop file that runs this command:
Code:
sh ~/wings-1.5.3/wings
https://developer.gnome.org/integration-...es.html.en
Thank you, micheus, for these precise tips! Now I can count on this powerful software on my machine!
(01-06-2015, 02:22 PM)rlocatellidigital Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, micheus, for these precise tips! Now I can count on this powerful software on my machine!

I got one question because in the past I was trying to use W3D with Linux but, found one issue which could not be solved... could you tell me which camera mode (pref/camera) you use? Blender?
Normally, third button is used for rotation, but on Linux I had to click it double.
Or maybe there's someone else who is using Wings and Linux with Blender camera mode and could share with some information about it?