Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: 32-bit Linux Wings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there such a thing? All the downloads on the sourceforge download page seem to only offer 64-bit downloads for Linux - my Lubuntu installation is 32-bit, and so i cannot install or run those (I get the error "wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64"). Is there a way to get my hands on a 32-bit Linux version of the program?

Technically I could install a 64-bit version of the OS (didn't realize this old CPU was 64-bit capable when I installed the OS), but I'm a poor noob who only just managed to install most of the programs I normally use (with great effort) and I really, really don't want to have to re-do that.

I could settle for anything relatively recent - as long as all of the major features are there and it's stable.

Any info?
I think a fair number of Linux dabblers over the years have also done the BUILD YOUR OWN
wings3d on LINUX. It's not a really difficult process. But if you don't do ANY building at all ... then yes ... a bit tricky.

If you build you own you might be able to ignore da bits if the build defaults are OK.
Alright, could you explain to me (or provide a link to an explanation explaining) how to build my own? Thanks!
The build instructions are in the source code download kit.
The source code download kit should be available at GIT HUB.

Let me try to find the link ... B.R.B.

Try this link ...

https://github.com/dgud/wings/releases

We can go step by step BTW ... if you want. Hang in there ... and you get there !
Micheus from the forum has provided some build instructions as well ... some of which is generic and some is for Microsoft Windows.
Reepca, take a look at the Programming session. I've pinned the step by step for both Windows and Linux it has some time. I hope it could be useful for you and any feedback is welcome since that worked for me but some items can maybe be a Linux disto dependent.
Failing that, there's always Wine. But you should really try to make a build. The step-by step by micheus is very helpful.