Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Kerkythea Rendering Software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This thread is dedicated to share information about the Kerkythea render software.

* The initial posts were started in the Star wars hovercraft artwork thread.

The new Kerkythea site is ready.

I noticed that download page doesn't make reference to the Echo Boost version (a release candidate) that is faster than previous one and also includes a 64bit version of the program. You can find the it here.

Some useful links:
(12-01-2014, 12:38 AM)Radi Wrote: [ -> ]Im shocked Oo AWESOME !
Very nice renders
Kerkythea is free to use ?

It's free for use (also for commercially)
If you have a good balanced settings - Strong rendering tool
(kerkythea dislikes lot of lights or illuminated materials Sad = high rendering time)

dzięki ! umm thanks! my first steps with rendering start from today ! ^.^
It would be looking really great with some desert backround Smile

Anyway guys, is there a way in Kerkythea to disable rendering of backfaces ?
(12-02-2014, 08:22 PM)Radi Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway guys, is there a way in Kerkythea to disable rendering of backfaces ?
Do you want to get the same effect you see in Wings3d when you uncheck View->Show Backfaces? No.
another question:
UV seams are always visible when rendering in Kerkythea, but normally in Wings or Unreal Tournament not, my textures are ideally cover seams.. Is there a way in Kerkythea to make seams less visible ??
(12-03-2014, 07:39 PM)Radi Wrote: [ -> ]another question:
UV seams are always visible when rendering in Kerkythea, but normally in Wings or Unreal Tournament not, my textures are ideally cover seams.. Is there a way in Kerkythea to make seams less visible ??
Any picture for evaluation?
Sometimes you need to scale down the mesh a little or paint the image out of the mesh.

* Don't forget to take a look at those links I put in the first post in this thread. You can find useful information there.
(12-02-2014, 08:22 PM)Radi Wrote: [ -> ]It would be looking really great with some desert backround Smile

Anyway guys, is there a way in Kerkythea to disable rendering of backfaces ?

Tutorial Kerkythea transparent background:
http://www.kerkythea.net/cms/documentati...etcher.pdf
haha olve, this looks much better ^.^

@micheus:
UV seams are visible in Kerkythea.. just looks at these emoticons 'hands' .. Sad strange this it..

[Image: emotes.jpg]
Olve11, that's a excelent tutorial. Thanks for sharing.
Because I tried in the past I just see a situation which it seems to not work - if the scene have a transparent/translucent sphere - I was not able to merge that rendered scene with a picture and it work fine. Maybe I did something wrong!?

Radi, that's a situation I didn't experienced. I'll check it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4