Wings 3D Development Forum
AutoUV shaders [updated: 05/13/2020] - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Interface & Usage (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: AutoUV shaders [updated: 05/13/2020] (/showthread.php?tid=1433)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: AutoUV shaders [updated: 10/29/2015] - micheus - 12-08-2015

That is a very weird problem.Confused

You cannot see any message in the Console window that means everything is fine and even the OpenGL is not reporting any problem - that should happen if something was wrong. Wings3D is coded to return any error reported by OpenGL after the texture has been generated.

What is the OpenGL supported by your graphic card? You can check that in the Help menu: Software/OpenGL Info

Other, you talk, talk, but still didn't answered me:
- the Wings3d version you are using;
- if the files I attached were working after you install them;

Anyway, I cannot imagine what more to check without be in front of that machine. So, sorry for not help you more.

RE: AutoUV shaders [updated: 10/29/2015] - Kagehi - 12-09-2015

Actually? I did say. I have, current versions:

1.5.4 and 2.0.1.2015-11-25---09-09.mlab

I updated them from 1.5.3 and... not sure what the other was, but a few versions back.

Second. I attempted to do a straight replacement of the files with your own. Heck, I even created new files and "hand typed" the text into them, to try that, in case the editor was doing something odd. (Used both WScite and Notepad to try this).

As to the other info -
Renderer: GeForce GTX 570/PCIe/SSE2
Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 359.06
Version tupple: {4,5,0}
2D API: SDL: 1.2.15

And, yeah. Can't think of anything and I am at the damn thing. lol

RE: AutoUV shaders [updated: 10/29/2015] - micheus - 12-23-2015

The new 3D shaders are available with the new v2.0.2. It includes a new wood trunk that replaces the original wood from old versions of Wings3d. Camuflage was converted to 3D shaders too:
[Image: 3-D-Textures.png]

[Image: test-3d-shaders.png]
It's recommended to use the Edge Filter on top of the shader layers in order to fix a seams issue.

RE: AutoUV shaders [updated: 10/29/2015] - ggaliens - 12-23-2015

Wow. Nice new about the shaders ! Thanks.

RE: AutoUV shaders [updated: 10/29/2015] - oort - 10-20-2016

Micheus,
Very impressive how well these work.
Thanks,
oort

RE: AutoUV shaders [updated: 10/29/2015] - dgud - 10-20-2016

Also pretty easy to write/add your own shaders, and have been since a long time ago
almost since I wrote autouv.

RE: AutoUV shaders [updated: 10/29/2015] - oort - 10-20-2016

Do they get added to the list of available ones by simply adding them to the folder?

P.S. Micheus, I was going to try downloading the file you have listed in post #26 but even though I am logged in I cannot get the file. I get a message that I do not have permission. I have always had this problem when trying to view images posted in this way as well.. Sad

Quote:You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page. This could be because one of the following reasons:

You are not logged in or registered. Please use the form at the bottom of this page to login.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may have been disabled by an administrator, or it may be awaiting account activation.
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or links.

Thanks,
oort

RE: AutoUV shaders [updated: 10/29/2015] - micheus - 10-21-2016

(10-20-2016, 09:02 PM)oort Wrote: Do they get added to the list of available ones by simply adding them to the folder?
No. It's necessary to create the auv file - an "interface" between the GLSL code and Wings3D AutoUV feature.
I'm going to try find a time to write a simple script about the process. But the "hard" thing is code the GLSL - I know just the basic and I still have been studying it once in a while.

Quote:P.S. Micheus, I was going to try downloading the file you have listed in post #26 but even though I am logged in I cannot get the file. I get a message that I do not have permission. I have always had this problem when trying to view images posted in this way as well.. Sad
Sorry about that oort. It shouldn't be a problem since you are logged. Unfortunately I have no idea about how to fix that.
I added it to my Google driver where I was sharing the Shaders

RE: AutoUV shaders [updated: 10/29/2015] - oort - 10-21-2016

Micheus,
Thanks for posting the file.

It would be neat if it were possible for Wings to use the files without modification or without the need for the .auv file... Maybe an option to choose "Custom" or "Browse" in the create texture dialog > then select the .fs file... Just thinking out loud... Smile Being able to see a preview in the dialog would be neat as well. Maybe too hard to code???

Thanks,
oort

RE: AutoUV shaders [updated: 10/29/2015] - micheus - 10-21-2016

Not to be used with the Texture-Create dialog.
The interface file contains informations about what parameters will be passed to the GLSL files as well as the dialog definitions if we need to inform any parameter to the GLSL.