Wings 3D Development Forum
Please Report ManifoldLab BUGS HERE. - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ManifoldLab Plug-ins Collection (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Please Report ManifoldLab BUGS HERE. (/showthread.php?tid=1020)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Please Report ManifoldLab BUGS HERE. - ggaliens - 02-21-2016

Go ahead and set plugins/xtras-lots-more to read/write/execute (full) for you user. Not hard to do.

RE: Please Report ManifoldLab BUGS HERE. - lauramelissa - 02-28-2016

I Change the folder ownership and keep disappearing wen execute the boolean op...
- before and after bool-operation subtract

RE: Please Report ManifoldLab BUGS HERE. - ggaliens - 02-28-2016

Laura ... can you try with newest verison of MLAB and let me know what happens ? I just did it and it worked find. If you check the LOG window ... the comands need to do the work are echo-ed into that window. The parts are staged in the temp directory for the operations.

RE: Please Report ManifoldLab BUGS HERE. - lauramelissa - 02-28-2016

I have the latest version and do the same behaviour here is the log info.

Count of Objects remaining = 1
IntersectExe = "c:/Program Files/wings3d_2.0.1.2016-02-21---14-12.mlab/lib/wings-2.0.1.2016-02-21---14-12.mlab/plugins/xtras-lots-more/bin/win32/intersect.exe" --no-holes --epsilon 0.0000001 -e -r --obj
The Command =
"c:\Program Files\wings3d_2.0.1.2016-02-21---14-12.mlab\lib\wings-2.0.1.2016-02-21---14-12.mlab\plugins\xtras-lots-more\bin\win32\intersect.exe" --no-holes --epsilon 0.0000001 -e -r --obj ml_a.obj A_MINUS_B ml_b.obj > temp.obj
The Result =

RE: Please Report ManifoldLab BUGS HERE. - ggaliens - 02-29-2016

Laura ... I have also seen this happen if the program "INTERSECT" somehow get's hung during a fail.
Start TASKMGR (task manager) and look to see if intersect.exe is still running. There could be 1 or two hung copies. This is for sure a mode of failure that happens.

You can also link me to your model ... but I think it is just a cube inside a cude, right ? I tried that with latest MLAB and all was well.

What operating system are you running ?

The program seems to behave as it only one instance can run at a time. So if there is a failed on sitting there blocking. That's a problem. That would not normally happen with just cube subtract cube test.

If you have SKYPE ... I'm willing to walk you through the problem with screen-sharing.

RE: Please Report ManifoldLab BUGS HERE. - lauramelissa - 03-02-2016

I'm using win 10 64 bit and the latest Manifoldlab sorry for the late reply
- for the boolean two simple cube and sorry I don't have skype

RE: Please Report ManifoldLab BUGS HERE. - ggaliens - 03-02-2016

OK ... I think I broke the program "intersect.exe"

a month or two ago. I re-built it ... without even having a great reason. And I think I did not properly compile it as MONOLITHIC which would me without any DLLS ... with all included for compatibility reasons.

Sorry about that. It is something that would be easy to fix or do properly. I just have to find the time.

Sorry. Works on my machine because I have all the DLLS laying around. But didn't work on the nearby family windows 10 machine.

Again ... sorry I broke it. Will fix soon.

RE: Please Report ManifoldLab BUGS HERE. - lauramelissa - 03-02-2016

Thanks ggaliens I will be in alert for the release

RE: Please Report ManifoldLab BUGS HERE. - ggaliens - 03-02-2016

If you have any older manifoldlabs (2015 or older) around ... you could install it. Grab the intersect.exe file ... and drop replace it into the newe manifoldlab in the same spot. If you were desperate.

RE: Please Report ManifoldLab BUGS HERE. - ArmanHayots - 05-30-2018

Not working right arrow on keyboard in the latest build from Dropbox. Fresh installation, tried different camera modes.