Wings 3D Development Forum
WIPs and others - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Gallery (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: WIPs and others (/showthread.php?tid=1039)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: WIPs and others - Mishou - 03-01-2015

Hello Sanchez,

I will try to make a video, but don't hold your breath!
Nothing fancy at all! I started with a 16 sides cylinder for torso, added a few loop cuts and adjust it by scaling and moving verts both on the front and the side view. For arms, and legs as well, another cylinder was used, this time 8 sided, and again by scaling and moving, was shaped as arms and legs.
After these parts were done, I combined them and start welding verts at shoulder area for arms and at hips for legs. Virtual mirror was used so not extra work in order to do this for both arms and legs.
A 8 sides cylinder was added as neck, again adjust verts and start welding.
For head, and for boobs too, I use a cube, subdivided twice. Same procedure goes here too. Scale, move and when happy start welding verts. These three parts (neck, head, boobs) also have to be combined with the body in order to weld verts.
And this is it! Actually this is the easy part Smile Now i'm head banging against the wall working on face and body details Smile
Feel free to ask for more details and also check the internet for help, while you might not get a wings 3d specific tutorial on modelling a body, there are tuts for other programs which can be translate to wings. Personally, I used an old silo tut by Anthony Ward as base for the body I work on it!

Have fun! And don't rage quit Smile

RE: WIPs and others - micheus - 03-01-2015

Hi c-sanchez
Yeah, have a tutorial about build a human body would be great. Smile
There is two basic tutorials I know:
- Box Modeling With Wings (descriptive tutorial with pictures)
- Wings3d: 08-base humana (a video tutorial in Spanish language)

RE: WIPs and others - c-sanchez - 03-02-2015

I'll try to do with the notes you left Mishou and looking forward to the video tutorial Biggrin
by what I see there is little information about Wings3D, at least when compared with others like Blender Sad

btw how do I edit and work with "parallel" selections like your model Mishou? is really usefull.

Quote:Have fun! And don't rage quit Smile
Oddly enough, it is great advice. Tongue

Thank you very much for the links to tutorials micheus Biggrin
Besides I speak Spanish Biggrin

RE: WIPs and others - micheus - 03-02-2015

I think the "parallel" selections you are talking is related to Virtual Mirror resource. You will see it at 13:50 in that video I linked. (with that "sanchez", of course, I thought you would be able understand the video Biggrin)

RE: WIPs and others - Mishou - 03-02-2015

I use virtual mirroring instead of mirror, is in the tools menu, which allows me to work on the model from different points of view and see it real time updated and the mirror option, the one in the right click menu when i finish the work.

RE: WIPs and others - c-sanchez - 03-02-2015

Yeah is Virtual Mirror the option that sought.

I have not seen yet the video, not completely, I was first with the first tutorial Tongue
The Guy of Box Modeling With Wings tutorial have more tutorials interesting about Wings 3D Biggrin

Thank you very much again guys Smile

RE: WIPs and others - oort - 03-02-2015

Mishou,
You are doing a nice job on the body.

Sanchez,
Here is another tutorial. Any "subdivision modeling" or "box modeling" tutorial can be done in Wings3D. The command names may/will be different of course.

Body Model

oort

RE: WIPs and others - c-sanchez - 03-03-2015

Another good tutorial Biggrin
Quote:Any "subdivision modeling" or "box modeling" tutorial can be done in Wings3D.
I had not seen that way, it is true, thanks for the tip Smile

Something I forget to ask, what programs can be used to animate the models?
or to change positions as "skeleton"?
ie, for example if I want to make the model of Mishou in another position?
not mention Blender because I do not like really Tongue

RE: WIPs and others - oort - 03-03-2015

Sanchez,
You should probably start a new thread with questions to avoid our hijacking this thread from Mishou. Undecided

If you do not like Blender (most powerful free animation software) you can try OpenFX. I think it is much easier to use but it is not as powerful as Blender... OpenFX website

You will have to export your Wings3D models as .3ds to import them into the OpenFX Designer module.

Edit: I have noticed that, on August 1, 2014, support for .dae,.obj,.x,.lwo has been added to OpenFX. So you are no longer limited to .3ds file export from Wings3D. This is something I have wanted for a long time... Smile The bad news is that Panda Antivirus wants to quarantine the render.exe file. I have sent an e-mail to the developer to let him know.

Edit2: Panda Antivirus was giving a false positive on render.exe. This has been fixed by using Visual Studio 2003 instead of Visual Studio 2010 to build OpenFX.

oort

RE: WIPs and others - c-sanchez - 03-06-2015

Yeah OpenFX looks great.
Any other topic I will post in a new thread to avoid disturbing the topic of Mishou, i'm sorry by the inconvenience.
Regards.