Wings 3D Development Forum
Line across window during vertex highlight and selection - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Line across window during vertex highlight and selection (/showthread.php?tid=1091)

Line across window during vertex highlight and selection - Anthony - 03-06-2015

Hello all

I have a single line through the geometry window during vertex highlight and selection.
It is triggered by turning the axes on and off.

Ok

With default wings settings.

I load a sphere

With any wire or show edge setting on except when smooth shading is also applied.

I have a single line across the geometry window running through the world centre when the axes is set to hide.

This occurs whilst highlighting and or selecting only vertices in general mode (is that the right term?) and also in vertex mode, If a vertex is selected the line persists until another selection mode is applied.

This works every time for me.

Switch the axes on and no line.
Axes Off and the line reappears.

If I check the box in preferences "Wings crashes if axes are turned off" wings crashes.(just a test) not relevant.

Just my old video card again maybe ?

Thanks

One vertex highlighted and axes hidden
[Image: vertex_axes.png]

wings 1.5.3
Vista
Ati Radion Express 1200 02/06/2008 8.501.0.0

RE: Line across window during vertex highlight and selection - micheus - 03-06-2015

(03-06-2015, 11:21 PM)Anthony Wrote: If I check the box in preferences "Wings crashes if axes are turned off" wings crashes.(just a test) not relevant.
That can be relevant. Did you get a dump file in your desktop? If so, sent to us.

But yeah, that can be another problem related to your old video card (driver), otherwise everyone should have reported it. Sorry.

RE: Line across window during vertex highlight and selection - Anthony - 03-06-2015

Oh well thanks for that micheus dump in PM

RE: Line across window during vertex highlight and selection - micheus - 03-07-2015

Anthonyo, take a look at this thread and check the post #5. Check if that fix the axis problem.

I suggest you to take a look at the pinned thread in this Bug Reports session: Bugs fixed for the current Wings3d version (1.5.3)

RE: Line across window during vertex highlight and selection - Anthony - 03-07-2015

micheus

I can confirm a positive result after replacing the wings_render.beam file

I have to leave preferences "Wings crashes if axes are turned off" checked.

Then no line appears during the procedures I had laid out here above.

Have not been able to trigger a crash by switching the check box.

Thank you

A single vertex highlighted the line has gone
[Image: no_line.png]

RE: Line across window during vertex highlight and selection - micheus - 03-08-2015

Nice!
I hope you had downloaded the other patches too.