Wings 3D Development Forum
crash when opening files - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: crash when opening files (/showthread.php?tid=1114)

crash when opening files - podmore71 - 03-25-2015

I have just installed Wings3d 1.5.3 on my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop that is running Linux Mint 17.1 64 bit.

The program installs fine, but when ever I try to open any file it crashes straight away with the following error:

'Using GPU shaders.
beam.smp: ../../../../../../../src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/brw_eu_emit.c:267: validate_reg: Assertion `execsize >= width' failed.'

As far as I know I have the latest Intel Linux drivers installed so it should be working but I am at a total loss.

Can anyone help?

BTW, I am a total newbie when it comes to Linux so please be gentle. lol

Andy

RE: crash when opening files - micheus - 03-25-2015

Hi podmore71
we already have two other users reporting that
Linux Mint Crash When Adding ANy Object
wings 1.5.2 upgrade on ubuntu 12.04 amd

no solution was found and it really seems to be an OpenGL driver issue. Maybe you could try reinstall the mesa drivers using one of the methods shown in the link I referenced in this post

Sorry for not be able to help you much at this question.

RE: crash when opening files - laurra - 04-05-2015

i have the same problem like you, reinstalled but still not work

RE: crash when opening files - micheus - 04-07-2015

(03-25-2015, 08:52 AM)podmore71 Wrote: I have just installed Wings3d 1.5.3 on my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop that is running Linux Mint 17.1 64 bit.
I checked and I saw your laptop uses the graphics processor: Intel GMA 4500MHD

I found an old HD and did a fresh install of your OS, but I was not able to experience your problem by using my dedicated AMD graphic card.
I still need to disable it and try to start the system with the onboard vga card by Intel.

(04-05-2015, 04:22 PM)laurra Wrote: i have the same problem like you, reinstalled but still not work
Could you please inform what it the video card your system has?

RE: crash when opening files - micheus - 04-08-2015

I just disabled my AMD VGA card and started my PC using the onboard one: Intel HD Graphics 4600 (ref.)
That is how it is recognized by Linux:
Quote:micheus@LNX-Mint ~ $ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Tahiti XT [Radeon HD 7970/8970 OEM / R9 280X]
and here by using the OpenGL Info:
[Image: Wings3d-OpenGL_Info_zps31eb5002.png]

I tried to reproduce the problem, but couldn't. I was able to open many file I have as well as I could edit/modify any geometry without get any crash.

So, which version of Mesa driver are you using?