Wings 3D Development Forum
Help finding a specific tutorial - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Interface & Usage (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Help finding a specific tutorial (/showthread.php?tid=1148)

Help finding a specific tutorial - Brett82 - 04-17-2015

Hi everyone

I am new to the forum and haven't used Wings 3D very much. I first tried it out in 2012 but due to some family issues I stopped the project I was doing. I have decided to get back into it but since then I have changed computers twice and lost some of my tutorials for Wings 3D.

I used to have a tutorial (more like idiots guide) for creating a glider. It was a step by step guide with screenshots and everything. I think the author created an ask-21 or asg-29 or something like that. It was an amazing guide and with it I managed to create a few basic gliders of my own. I have searched google, this forum and many others trying to find it but I cant see it anywhere. Does anyone know of this tutorial and where I can get it or even email it to me? I tried to edit some models I created in 2012 and it did not go well....

Thanks for any help you can offer.

RE: Help finding a specific tutorial - micheus - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 07:56 AM)Brett82 Wrote: I think the author created an ask-21 or asg-29 or something like that. It was an amazing guide and with it I managed to create a few basic gliders of my own. I have searched google, this forum and many others trying to find it but I cant see it ...
It could be only a coincidence, but googling "ask-21 wings3d" something is found in the first result. Wink
The attachment is in the first page in that thread.

RE: Help finding a specific tutorial - Brett82 - 04-17-2015

Hi Micheus

I have seen that one bbefore, it takes me to the Condor forum but there is a note saying "you do not have the required permissions to view attachments". I guess I will have to register with them to see if it is the tutorial I am looking for.

I will let you know, thanks for the help.

(04-17-2015, 03:12 PM)Brett82 Wrote: I guess I will have to register with them to see if it is the tutorial I am looking for.
Yeah! I did that. Smile

RE: Help finding a specific tutorial - Brett82 - 04-17-2015

Hi Micheus

I just wanted to say thanks, that was the exact file I had been looking for. I must have stared at that post 100 times but because I had not logged in I couldn't see the attachment.

If anyone else is thinking of doing a glider in Wings 3D I highly recommend that tutorial. It may be a little out of date with the new versions of Wings 3D but it is still an excellent guide to learn the basics from.

Thanks again.

(04-17-2015, 07:19 PM)Brett82 Wrote: If anyone else is thinking of doing a glider in Wings 3D I highly recommend that tutorial. It may be a little out of date with the new versions of Wings 3D but it is still an excellent guide to learn the basics from.
Yes, it's a nice tutorial.

For the first part (Setting up the Wings3D environment) there is a better way to setup the blueprints: Image plane...
After you have prepared the images (adjust the sizes) you can select the command using the [RMB], then you will select the image and a dialog help you to place it in the right place.

RE: Help finding a specific tutorial - Ramjet - 04-18-2015

Message deleted

RE: Help finding a specific tutorial - Ramjet - 04-18-2015

Message deleted

Good continuation

RE: Help finding a specific tutorial - Ramjet - 04-20-2015

Hi all,

Message deleted

My two pence!