Wings 3D Development Forum
Doubt about Default Material - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Interface & Usage (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Doubt about Default Material (/showthread.php?tid=118)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Doubt about Default Material - MikeJ - 03-10-2014

No problem. I love the patch as is!

Thanks again so much for your efforts!

RE: Doubt about Default Material - oort - 03-10-2014

I was testing in too big of a hurry and did not notice that the restore button was not saving the setting... Blush

The latest is working good for me as well. I think once you have defined your "default" material you will not be changing it anymore. By definition wouldn't "default" always be the same??? If I understand correctly "default2" is only created when working with previously saved files. This is the same in official Wings 1.5.1. If you modify the "default" material you end up with "default2".

If you need an object to have settings different from the "default" you have saved you should create a "New Material" and assign that to your object. Am I wrong???

Thanks,
oort

RE: Doubt about Default Material - micheus - 03-10-2014

(03-10-2014, 01:23 AM)oort Wrote: By definition wouldn't "default" always be the same???
I believe yes.
oort Wrote:If I understand correctly "default2" is only created when working with previously saved files.
Not for all previously saved files. As I told, only if at some point you have expanded those plugins group box.
By default, Wings3d will save only the changed settings. Those plugins informations doesn't exists until you "touch" them. Smile

RE: Doubt about Default Material - oort - 03-10-2014

Quote:As I told, only if at some point you have expanded those plugins group box.

Funny I never noticed. I had noticed I would get "default2" but never realized what was causing it... Smile

Thanks,
oort

RE: Doubt about Default Material - micheus - 03-10-2014

Oh, I forgot to advise about something: Vertex Color property

Since the default Wings3d material use to set this property to "Set" and in order to change the diffuse property we need to change it to "Ignore", it's a good idea remember to reset it back to "Set" before saving the new settings in order we get coloured vertices in the viewport.

RE: Doubt about Default Material - MikeJ - 03-10-2014

Good warning. I will have to remember that.

RE: Doubt about Default Material - Fonte Boa - 03-10-2014

Fine, Micheus! Thank you very much!

RE: Doubt about Default Material - micheus - 03-23-2014

(03-09-2014, 08:25 PM)micheus Wrote: Now it needs to be accepted by the main devs. in order to be available in a future new version. (pull request #67)
It was not accepted.

RE: Doubt about Default Material - oort - 03-23-2014

Micheus,
Sorry that you spent time on this and it didn't get accepted... Sad I read the reason he rejected it. I am surprised he is so opposed to changing the default color when it is already possible to change it under Edit> Preferences. Hopefully he will accept the changes to merge and adding rotate snap image... Smile

oort

RE: Doubt about Default Material - MikeJ - 03-23-2014

I also just read his responses and am quite frankly shocked at how unprofessional, immature and self-centered they are. Basically his reasons for not including this are that he doesn't like it. Period. No concrete or objective reasons given. He just doesn't like the idea of changing the default color from what he thinks it should be and no one else gets a say. Apparently Wings3D is little more than a petty dictatorship. This is probably old news to the rest of you, but I just found out.

I certainly do appreciate your efforts Micheus on this patch and will not use Wings3D without it being applied! I find it absolutely vital in all of my workflow. And no, dgud, simply adding a new material does not at all do the same thing as changing the default material!