Wings 3D Development Forum
Development release 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Development release 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=1314)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Development release 2.0 - davi - 08-23-2015

hi

a newbie here.

when we hit Tab to input comand number, the selection is on the ok, it would been lot beter on the input box, so we dont have to point the mouse or use shift tab to acess it, then enter the number (like older versions). way faster to do all on keyboard! thanks!

a bug: sometimes the windows is going all black, moving the camera or zooming!

loved new version!

RE: Development release 2.0 - Hank - 08-23-2015

Hello,

First impression? looks fresher, but it's still our good Wings 3D... Thank you for the release.

Well, generally I'm pretty happy to see new version of my favourite 3D modeller. It's been a while since I started my adventure with W3D and I did not say my last word Cool so hope to test it soon.

Hank

RE: Development release 2.0 - Nova - 08-24-2015

(08-23-2015, 04:59 PM)davi Wrote: hi

a newbie here.

when we hit Tab to input comand number, the selection is on the ok, it would been lot beter on the input box, so we dont have to point the mouse or use shift tab to acess it, then enter the number (like older versions). way faster to do all on keyboard! thanks!

a bug: sometimes the windows is going all black, moving the camera or zooming!

loved new version!

This is something I have mentioned here as well: http://www.wings3d.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1322

RE: Development release 2.0 - Geta-Ve - 08-25-2015

Just want to say great job to the devs! new release looks great. Hoping this will lead to a brighter future for Wings.

Inspired by chusky, I decided to do a quick icon revision myself. Very similar to his, but square-ish. Tongue

RE: Development release 2.0 - micheus - 08-25-2015

As it's something new and no one has reported any issue related to it, I would like to ask if has somebody tested the Merge dialog?

It has so many possible combination that I could forget to check one. Smile

RE: Development release 2.0 - CG_Tiger - 08-27-2015

Great Wings3D is back in development.
Is there any chance of a portable version?

RE: Development release 2.0 - ggaliens - 08-27-2015

CG_Tiger ... that question is a re-hashed and re-hashed question. You say "back in development" ... have you ever been a member of forum before ?

RE: Development release 2.0 - dgud - 08-27-2015

Portable?

RE: Development release 2.0 - Geta-Ve - 08-27-2015

Question, where do you want some general suggestions / gripes about Wings 2.0?

Just so I don't forget, and in case you say in this thread;

Is there a reason for two separate and different tweak menus?

Ctrl+RMB = standard tweak menu
Windows>Tweak Pallete = 3 different tweak menus that don't exactly match the standard tweak menu.

---

I am sure I have suggested this before, but, is there a need for both the outliner AND the geometry graph? I understand that, they both separate different core uses, and for organization sake that makes sense, but for practical use, there isn't enough functionality in either to warrant the separation (in my opinion at least).

A simpler approach, at least from a users point of view, would be to separate the different aspects within one window, either simply by visual icons alone, or by some kind of line break, or tabs, or literally anything else that doesn't require MORE windows open.

Again, just my point of view on this.

---

Re the various windows, it might be worthwhile to consider adding top bar icons for each window, if only to further initiate newer users to their actual existence. And also because there is room for it.

---

You mentioned dockable windows earlier in the thread. Would be convenient to be able to tear off the main menus, specifically the Tools menu.

To further this suggestion, I'd go so far as to be able to tear off any menu or sub menu.

---

That's it. Lemme know where these should go and I shall put them there.

Cheers!

RE: Development release 2.0 - Hank - 10-19-2015

Hi Guys!

W3D 2.0

Some remarks about performance and behaviour:

- For numeric input you need to select the number, delete/use new value and hit enter. For older versions, you just put the number without any selection first.
- How to disable all the hints for mouse over selection?
- Preferences-> Misc-> Show develop menu (on/off) - when leaving preferences menu I got error message: Internal error - log written to...

log file:

Dump written 2015-10-18_20-41

Version: 2.0

Window: geom
Reason: {case_clause,geom}

Short stack trace:
[]

Long stack trace:
[{wings_menu_util,crossmark,1,[{file,"wings_menu_util.erl"},{line,382}]},
{wings_view,menu,0,[{file,"wings_view.erl"},{line,34}]},
{wings,init_menubar,0,[{file,"wings.erl"},{line,923}]},
{wings_pref_dlg,smart_set_value_1,3,[{file,"wings_pref_dlg.erl"},{line,660}]},