Wings 3D Development Forum
Development release 2.0.1 - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Development release 2.0.1 (/showthread.php?tid=1353)

Pages: 1 2 3

Development release 2.0.1 - dgud - 09-02-2015

Fixed most of the reported issues in 2.0.1

- Added OpenGL version check, for future version requirements [bjorng]

- Unselected vertex size was not changed after changing it in the
Preferences. [micheus]

- Fixed color selection for lights by using wings color selector
when alpha value is required. [dgud]

- Added support for loading multiple images in Import Image command. [micheus]

- Fixed labels and textbox aligment for Absolute Command->Move/Scale [micheus]

- 1) Yafaray plugin update:
- Reworked in the layout of the Yafaray "Render Options" dialog;
- made some changes asked by oort;
- fixed some bugs found by oort
- updated the help information for material and lights;

2) POV-Ray plugin update:
- fixed some controls alignments

3) Kerkythea plugin update:
- fixed some controls alignments

4) wpc_absolute_move.erl
- fixed control alignments

5) wings_light.erl
- fixed alignment [micheus]

- Fixed double click drag selection [dgud]

- Fixed other minor problems reported in the forum including
- Log/Console window related issues
- Linux installer problems
- Set keyboard focus in dialogs
- Multisampling preference
[dgud]

RE: Development release 2.0.1 - oort - 09-03-2015

Thanks for all the fixes.

I sure do miss having the console window/log window appearing in the Wings3D window instead of a separate window. To check YafaRay render progress I have to switch to the log window. Is there any way to have an option to show a console window in the Wings3D window?

Thanks,
oort

RE: Development release 2.0.1 - Patriick - 09-08-2015

Awesome work! Smile

RE: Development release 2.0.1 - Jerry Burris - 09-09-2015

Two updates in only two months. It is felt very good to see the development of Wings program again.

Best Regards

RE: Development release 2.0.1 - dgud - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 09:14 AM)Jerry Burris Wrote: Two updates in only two months. It is felt very good to see the development of Wings program again.

I work on and off on wings, I'm old nowadays and need my beauty sleep,
but also that rewriting with the new graphics package have taken a lot of time and was rather boring work.

But hopefully we can crank out a couple of more updates before we go back to the winter sleep :-)

Also, thanks Micheus, who handles most of the boring bug reports and takes care of you all here in the forum.

I code wings because I think it is fun and when it is not fun or my real work takes to much time, I take a break for a month or two or ...

But a couple of more young and ambitious coders would not harm the development.

RE: Development release 2.0.1 - oort - 09-10-2015

Just now tested support for loading multiple images in Import Image. Love it.
Thanks Micheus!

oort

RE: Development release 2.0.1 - Dimitri - 09-14-2015

Very nice to see that Wings' development is alive! It is a great modelling app and it would be a pity to remain abandoned.

The working space now has a much more good feeling. It reminded me the clarity I had seen in Moi's working space (a not so well known nurbs app). It had an impressive clarity as some of you here may know.

Something that I did find annoying, however, is the flickering of the instructions that appear in the bottom bar when activating a tool. It is very distracting. Is there not a solution to it?

RE: Development release 2.0.1 - oort - 09-14-2015

Dimitri,
Funny that you find the "Information Line" distracting. Many people never notice it and miss out on the information provided. This line is similar to the command line in Autocad, if you are familiar with that. If one is new to Wings3D it is critical to watch that line. Sorry, no way to disable it.

oort

RE: Development release 2.0.1 - dgud - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 12:55 PM)Dimitri Wrote: Something that I did find annoying, however, is the flickering of the instructions that appear in the bottom bar when activating a tool. It is very distracting. Is there not a solution to it?

Please report in bug thread and tell when it's flickering so we can try to debug them.

RE: Development release 2.0.1 - Dimitri - 09-15-2015

Oort, I did not find the information line distracting (it is not new, it was there always and it is very useful indeed). I did find distracting the flickering of the texts appearing there. They are two totally different things. : - )

Dgud, the flickering is occurring (and very severely) whenever you activate a tool. That's to say whenever you make an extrusion, a moving of edges, a scaling of an object etc.

I will report it in the bugs thread too...